Morning Sickness At Night – Possible Causes And Treatment
Morning Sickness During Pregnancy
If you have been pregnant or have seen women who have gone through pregnancy, you must be aware of the side effects and symptoms that accompany it. Morning sickness or feeling nausea is one of the most common conditions for pregnant women. This side effect begins in the very early stages of pregnancy and continues till the finishing of the third month. This condition is not just related with morning, but you can also have morning sickness at night.
Common Problem During Pregnancy
Like other symptoms of this condition, morning sickness can also vary from woman to woman. Some might not have this feeling throughout their pregnancy, while for others it may last for the entire period. The types of nausea that you suffer from are variable regarding duration and period. Some women have evening sickness pregnancy first trimester, some have random nausea at night, and some even have night sickness, not pregnant cases. Hence for different women, the problem may be of various levels and intensity.
The condition of morning sickness at night is mostly dependent on hormonal imbalances and sensitive reactions of the body during the pregnancy term. Many times women are confused and think why do I feel sick during the night but not during the day. It is a common thought that comes to our minds when we think about morning sickness. There are several nights time nausea causes and reasons, but not all of them could be related to the same reasons.
The morning sickness at night is a common phenomenon that pregnant go through during their pregnancy period. It involves throwing up vomits or having the feeling of throwing up. This condition can be felt at all times of the day and night. The term morning sickness was initially given to this problem because a large number of women felt nausea in the morning times. At the day went by, the feeling would gradually taper off.
Nausea and vomiting are considered to be part and parcel of the pregnancy period. In fact, the very feeling of nausea and vomiting in a sexually active woman can be used as an alert or signal of being pregnant. The moment you get this feeling you stop and start to think, nausea at night am I pregnant? Morning sickness at night used to act as a symptom to diagnose pregnancy of a woman in earlier times. However, now things are much more advanced. You can get confirmation of pregnancy through various tests like strip test, urine test or an ultrasound of the pelvis region. Still, many older women and traditional myths use it as predictive measures. Like morning sickness at night gender prediction and morning sickness at night twins prediction.
Reasons and Causes:
There are several causes and reasons for the morning sickness at night. Some of them have been given below:
- The human chorionic gonadotropin hormone in the woman’s body is increased with the fertilization process. During the first three months, this hormone is produced at high levels and this considered by a significant cause of morning sickness. With more than one baby, the level and frequency of vomiting also increase.
- Another hormone that is produced with increased level in the female body is estrogen. It also creates an imbalance and sensitivity in the digestive system leading to nausea and vomiting.
- When females are pregnant, the sense of smell is also enhanced. As a consequence of this sensitivity to smells, the feeling of nausea is felt whenever there is some unpleasant odor or smell.
- During pregnancy, the fetus is held in the abdominal region of the body. As an outcome, some of the organs are compressed or pushed at the side. The stomach is one such major organ that is affected when a woman is pregnant. Hence the digestive system becomes sensitive and may lead to nausea or vomiting.
- Nausea is commonly felt when a person is stressed or nervous. High levels of anxiousness lead to vomiting and throwing up. Some stressful condition is considered during the pregnancy of a woman.
Effective Measures for Reduction:
To curb this feeling nausea and morning sickness at night, one can take medicines and drugs. However, to ensure a healthy and safe pregnancy, it is always advisable to follow natural products and home remedies. Keeping this in view some useful pointers are highlighted:
- Eating something just before going to bed can help you in an effective manner. Nausea is intensified when the stomach is left empty. Having smaller meals and balanced diet can reduce these side effects.
- Try to munch on some snacks and munchies while resting on the bed. This will enable the digestion system to remain active and keep the stomach filled.
- Avoid eating any fried foods and eatables that have high levels of fats and oils.
- Getting adequate rest for your healthy body is essential. In pregnancy, the body is more stressed and fatigued. So it needs more resting time. At least 6 to 7 hours of sleep at a stretch is much advisable.
- Many people feel better in nausea conditions when they take in sour things. Lemon and lime intake is a useful remedy that can help curb the morning sickness at night.
- Do not eat a lot of spicy and complex food products. Keep your diet simple but healthy. It should have a balanced combination of carbohydrates, fats, proteins and vitamins. Do not over do your eating plans and eat what you can digest comfortably.
These were some important pointers that you need to remember if you are pregnant and stressed with so much of morning sickness and nausea. If there is prolonged vomiting and feeling of weakness, it is always preferable to consult your medical doctor and health care professional. Keeping yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water and fluids is essential for healthy and safe pregnancy.