Top 9 Surprising Remedies of Turmeric for Acne Treatment – Best 9 Tips
According to an estimate, more than 400 million dollars are spent to counter the acne, worldwide, which could be avoided if the people start using turmeric for acne. Pimples and acne are, actually, one of the most common skin ailments, and usually occurs when the sebaceous glands present in the body start producing excess oil. This increased production of oil clogs the pores of the skin and promotes the growth of harmful bacteria.
What makes turmeric for acne effective in dealing with acne?
- According to various studies, the turmeric draws the sebum or excess oil out from the skin pores and regulates its secretion by controlling the activity of sebaceous glands.
- Turmeric contains enormous quantities of curcumin, which enables it to assist in getting rid of the acne-promoting bacteria.
- The potent anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric help in the reduction of swelling and promote the healing process of the skin.
- As the turmeric reduces the level of insulin, it can bring significant improvements in the case of adult acne.
- Turmeric prevents the production of mTor in the, thus ultimately controlling the excess production of sebum and keratin.
Top 9 Effective Methods of using turmeric for acne
If you are looking for different methods of “how to use turmeric for acne scars,” then you are at right place, as for your convenience, we have placed all of these methods at one place. We recommend the use of old clothes while using any of the remedies mentioned below, as the turmeric leaves stains on anything, it touches.
Honey and Turmeric for Acne
The antibacterial capabilities of honey assist in restricting the growth and killing the bacteria. Moreover, it locks the moisture in the layers of the skin, which helps in keeping the skin hydrated.
- Combine two TBSP of honey with 1 TBSP of turmeric
- On the acne affected areas of your skin, apply this mixture
- Let the application stay on for about 30 minutes
- Use lukewarm water to wash off the mixture
- Pat dry your skin
- Repeat the procedure on a regular basis until you get rid of the acne
Note: Regarding the use of honey and turmeric for acne: For added effectiveness and benefits, you can also add a half TBSP of yogurt or milk or lemon juice to the mixture.
Lemon and Turmeric for Acne
The mixture of lemon and turmeric cystic acne possesses powerful antioxidant, anti-bacterial and astringent properties, which kill the bacteria and shrink the open pores of the skin.
- In 2 drops of lemon juice, add and mix 3 TBSP of turmeric powder
- Also, add a half TBSP of mustard oil
- Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients to form a thick paste
- Gently massage with this mixture on the affected areas of your skin
- Keep it there for about 20 minutes
- Now scrub the surface with the circular motion of your fingers for about five minutes
- Use fresh water to rinse your skin
- Pat your skin dry
- Use this remedy for nearly thrice a week
Milk and Turmeric for Acne
Thanks to the cleansing properties of turmeric and milk for acne scars, it can assist in the removal of dead skin cells, impurities, and oil from the pores of the skin.
- Take 2 TBSP of fresh milk
- To it, add a TBSP of turmeric powder
- Mix both of the ingredients well
- Let the mixture stay on for about 15 minutes after applying it on the acne affected skin
- Use fresh water to wash off the application
- Pat your skin dry
- Apply a mild and oil-free moisturizer to moisturize your skin
- Repeat this procedure in a regular manner
Sandalwood and Turmeric for Acne
Sandalwood’s potent absorbing properties draw the oil and impurities from the pores of the skin and soothes the irritation and inflammation caused by the lesions of acne.
- In the sufficient quantities of milk, add and mix 2 TBSP of sandalwood powder and a half TBSP of turmeric powder
- On the acne affected areas of the skin, apply this paste with the help of your fingers
- Keep it there for about 30 minutes
- Pat dry your skin after washing off the mixture with the help of lukewarm water
- Repeat this process every day
Gram Flour and Turmeric for Acne
- Take a TBSP of turmeric powder
- To it, add and mix a TBSP of gram flour and jojoba oil
- Now put this mixture in sufficient amount of milk along with a TBSP of lemon juice
- Stir it until you get a consistent paste-like texture
- Let the application to air dry
- Wash the mixture off using fresh water
- Pat dry your skin
- For better results, repeat the procedure two times every week
Yogurt and Turmeric for Acne
Being a rich source of probiotics, yogurt eliminates the harmful bacteria that can cause the acne. Moreover, the good bacteria in yogurt work as a barrier to prevent the growth of bad bacteria. The soothing and calming effect assists in the reduction of redness, irritation, and swelling.
- Combine 3 TBSP of yogurt with a TBSP of turmeric powder
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas of your skin
- Air dry the application
- Pat dry your skin after washing the application off with fresh water
- Apply a mild, oil-free moisturizer on the skin
- Use this remedy every day
Turmeric Tea for Acne
According to research, acne can also develop as a result of insulin and hormonal misbalance in the body. The tea of turmeric for acne regulates the production of insulin and hormones and relieves the person form the stress caused by the free radicals.
- Take some water in a bowl (about 2 cups will do)
- Boil this water and add a TBSP of minced ginger root and a half TBSP of turmeric powder to it
- Let the mixture simmer down for about five minutes
- Add a TBSP each of raw honey and fresh lemon juice after removing it from the flame
- While it is lukewarm, drink it
- Drink this turmeric tea twice every day
Aloe Vera and Turmeric for Acne
The acne formation can be prevented by shrinking the open pores of the skin. The Aloe Vera, with its astringent properties and the enormous quantities of glycol, shrinks the skin pores and reduces the redness, irritation, and inflammation.
- In a TBSP of Aloe Vera, add and mix a TBSP of honey along with a half TBSP of essential oil and a TBSP of turmeric powder
- Also, add one TBSP of honey in it
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
- Wring the excess water from a washcloth after soaking it in warm water
- Place this cloth on your face to open the skin pores
- Apply this mixture after removing the cloth
- Gently massage your face with your fingers by moving them in a circular pattern
- Let the application stay on for about 20 minutes or leave this turmeric mask overnight
- Pat your face dry after washing the application off using fresh water in the morning
- Repeat this procedure thrice every week
Apple Cider Vinegar and Turmeric for Acne
The antibacterial properties of turmeric eliminate the 95% of viruses and 90% of the bacteria, that can cause various skin ailments. The apple cider vinegar, on the other hand, removes the damaged layer of skin and helps in the regeneration of a healthy skin layer.
- To enough quantities of yogurt and apple cider vinegar, add a half TBSP of turmeric powder
- Also, add a drop of lemon juice and a TBSP of honey
- Mix all of the ingredients to make a fine paste
- On the acne affected areas of your skin, massage using the resulting paste
- Rinse off the application using lukewarm water after letting it stay on for about 20 minutes
- Repeat this procedure twice a week
Safety precautions and tips for using turmeric for acne
- Never scrub the skin on your face, harshly, while exfoliating or cleansing, as it can worsen the situation.
- Gently clean your acne-prone skin with the help of a mild cleanser, before going to bed or in the morning
- Avoid pricking, pinching, squeezing or touching the acne and pimples, as it spread the infection to other areas of your face.
- Be careful and gentle, while shaving your face.
- As the harmful rays of the sun can damage the skin, so it is better to apply a sunscreen.
- It is essential to make sure that your makeup doesn’t clog up the pores of your skin. And never forget to remove the makeup before sleeping at night.
Perform a small skin patch test to ensure that your skin isn’t allergic to any of the ingredients in the remedies mentioned above. If you think that we forgot to mention an excellent solution using turmeric for acne, then please do tell us. Also, don’t hesitate to share your experiences, queries, and suggestions with us.