How you can use Honey for Chapped Lips – [TOP 9 Ways]
9 DIY Home Remedies of HONEY for CHAPPED LIPS – How To Get Rid Of Chapped Lips With Honey?
In everyday life having chapped or cracked lips are the real problem. Many people feel sore and pain while talking or smiling. These cracks sting a little bit when you eat any food. But before you do anything and go for some highly expensive medicines you need to look around and go for home remedies like HONEY for CHAPPED LIPS because it can heal and moisturize the thick layers and stop the bleeding.
One thing is for sure lips do not contain any glands that we need to maintain hydration using oils just like rest of our skin. The lip skin is fragile, and that makes it open to get dry. If you have the habit of licking your lips or go into sun exposure, or in dry and cold weather or using harsh chemicals products, and smoking then all the moisturizer in lips goes away, and the result is that you left with chapped lips.
If you are consistently using lip balms then you need to know that dry lips but it is temporarily for a short time, and one thing is that all those menthols and salicylic acids in those lip balms will make your lips drier and cause skin allergies later. There are many different ingredients you can see in your kitchen like milk, cream, sugar, honey, and much more they can heal the lips and keep them hydrated naturally for a very long time. Right now below you will learn everything how honey can help to make your lips moisturize correctly.
How to tell is HONEY perfect for treating CHAPPED LIPS?
- HONEY works big agent naturally that draws out all the moisture in the air and seal it in lips and also prevent any dryness
- It is also a very great source for getting vitamin B and C that can properly nourish the lips skin and also stimulates new skin cell that makes it softer
- HONEY is also anti-inflammation that can affect the lips and stops swelling and pain
- It also protects your skin from damage and takes out the radicals on lips
- Honey is an antiseptic and anti-bacterial that can prevent chapped lips from getting any infections and destroys bacteria
What ways can you use HONEY for CHAPPED LIPS?
As a single home remedy honey can be quite hydrating and soothing for curing chapped lips. But if you want a long term treatment then you need to combine it with other home ingredients that will maintain hydration on lips and also gives permanent relief on lips. From some people who have doubts about ‘’honey on lips benefits’’ well, you need to do it yourself to believe it.
1) Use sugar with HONEY:
Sugar can quickly remove dryness and dead skin cells from chapped lips.
- First, take 2 tbsp of sugar and one tbsp honey and mix them
- Apply on the lips
- Leave for 6 minutes
- Wash it with water
- Repeat this process three times in one week
2) Use LEMON with HONEY:
- Take and mix one tbsp juice of lemon and one tbsp of honey
- Apply and massage it on lips in a gentle way
- Leave for 3 minutes and wash
- Repeat this method two times in one week
3) Use petroleum jelly with HONEY:
Petroleum jelly creates a thick layer to protect lip skin and boosts up the healing procedure.
- First, you need to apply honey on the chapped lips
- Now allow this one to dry for some minutes
- After that use small amount petroleum jelly
- Leave for 10 minutes
- Wash it with water
- Follow this remedy two times on daily basis
4) Use Glycerin with HONEY:
- Take one small bowl and mix one tbsp of honey and one tbsp of glycerin
- Mix them well and apply directly on lips
- Let it dry for one night
- Next morning wash it
- Repeat this remedy consistently every day
5) Use simple HONEY:
It is not always necessary that you need to use another ingredient instead you can only use Honey for Chapped Lips as the standalone remedy that can make lips soft and prevent any severe infection.
- Take one tbsp of honey in thinner layer
- Apply it using your fingers on lips
- Leave it for one night
- Wash it next morning
- Do this cure many times in one day
6) Use milk cream with HONEY:
- First, take small amount of milk cream and place it in a bowl
- Now add honey 2 tbsp and mix well
- Apply this paste all over the chapped or dry lips
- Leave for 25 minutes and wash it
- Continue doing this method on regular basis
7) Use Almond oil with HONEY:
- Take a bowl and add one tbsp of honey and some drops of almond oil
- Mix them together to make a paste in thick form
- Now spread carefully on the lips
- Let it dry for 9 minutes
- Wash it with hot water
- Repeat this cure 3 times in one day
8) Use COCOA powder with HONEY:
Cocoa powder has many benefits like many acids that can peel off the itchiness and dryness on lips. Many people still have some questions related to ‘’how long to leave honey on lips’’ you can use this remedy to get possible results in time.
- Take one big bowl and add one tbsp of honey and 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Stir them, well and directly apply on the lips
- Let it soak for one night
- Wash it with water in morning first time
- Repeat it 2 times in one week
9) Use OLIVE Oil with HONEY:
- First, take one tbsp of olive oil and one tbsp of honey and mix
- Apply it on the lips as balm and massage it gently
- Let it dry for some time and wash it with water
- Repeat this remedy 2 times in each day
Few precautions you can follow to avoid having any side effects while applying Honey for Chapped Lips:
- Take a patch test to see you are allergic to honey or not
- Only use honey for external use in this case
- Make sure to use organic honey
- Don’t allow kids to get closer to the treatment
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking water
Take your time and choose any of the following remedies of Honey for Chapped Lips and do not forget to share your experience which one was your favorite heal your lips in short time.