TOP 6 Most Effective Home Remedies of Banana peel for Acne
According to analysts, the beauty industry earns more than 3 billion dollars every year, just in the United States. I hope that after reading this, you will get the idea of how common is the problem of face acne. Where antibiotics and ointments, e.g. beauty creams, provide you short-term relief and come with a large number of side effects, you can deal with your acne by a natural solution like banana peel for acne.
Most of us throw out the banana peels because we don’t know how magical these things are, particularly when it comes to treating acne. But, you do, at least now. In fact, you can also use the banana mask for acne. The most common factors which usually trigger acne formation are stress, bad diet, medicated drugs, hormonal changes or even heredity.
How Much Effective is the Banana Peel in Treating Acne?
- Starch, the major component in banana peels, dries out the excess oil from the skin surface and prevents the acne.
- Banana peel possesses remarkable antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties which assist in fighting against fungus and bacteria. So, it prevents the discomforts and inflammations caused by acne.
- The high iron, magnesium and calcium content in banana peel enables it to relieve the patient of the irritation, redness, and inflammation associated with acne.
- Banana peel prevents acne by exfoliating the dead skin layer and removing the dirt, oil, debris and other impurities clogged up in the skin pores. Moreover, it reduces the free radicals by making use of an antioxidant, lutein, and heals the damage caused by these radicals.
- It provides and nourishes the skin with vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E, moisturizes it and keeps it supple.
Methods of using Banana Peel for Acne to Get Rid of Acne Permanently
In typical cases, acne occurs because of the mixing and accumulation of excess oil on the skin surface with bacteria, debris, and dead skin cells, and then clog up the skin pores. There are many methods of treating acne using banana peels. Some of those methods the work and some don’t work. So, here we have gathered some of the most useful remedies that work. All you have to do is just choose a treatment and use it regularly.
Banana peel for acne scars
The direct application of the banana peels on the acne affected area of the skin is one the best and simplest methods of treating acne.
- First of all, wash your face with cool water using a mild soap. This step will remove the dirt and impurities from your skin.
- Use a soft cotton towel to pat it dry
- Cut a ripe banana (should be yellow or brown) into small pieces.
- Take its peel and gently rub the affected area of your face with the inner surface of the peels and continue the rubbing until it turns darker in color.
- Now, repeat this process with another piece of the banana peel.
- Maintain this practice for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave it there for the whole night
- In the next morning, wash your face with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser
- Repeat the process every day for two weeks
Sugar, oatmeal and banana peel
Oatmeal is an excellent skin exfoliant and assists in soothing the acne and absorbs the excess oil accumulated on the skin surface. Sugar, on the other hand, is also an exfoliant but is much more efficient in the removal of dead skin cells and unclogging the skin pores.
- In a blender, add one banana peel, half cup oatmeal and 3 TBSP of sugar.
- Blend this mixture until it gains a uniform texture
- Gently massage using this resulting paste on the affected areas of your skin
- Let it stay on for 10 to 15 minutes
- Wash it off using lukewarm water
- Pat dry using a soft cotton towel
- If your skin feels dry, then you can use an oil-free, light moisturizer after washing your face.
- Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times every week
Turmeric and banana peel for acne scars
Thanks to the high curcumin content in the turmeric, it possesses potent anti-inflammatory properties and deals with pimples and acne. You can also use the scrub of turmeric and banana peel for dark spots, back acne as well as cystic acne.
- Take a ripe banana and mash its skin with the help of a masher or a fork in a bowl till it gets the shape of a thick paste
- Take equal quantities of the peel paste and turmeric powder in a pot
- Mix both of the ingredients till it turns to a fine paste
- Apply on the affected areas of the skin and gently massage
- Leave it untouched for about 15 minutes
- Pat your skin dry after washing it with lukewarm water
- For better results, repeat the process in alternate days
Lemon and banana peel for acne scars
With its antibacterial nature, lemon is extremely useful in fighting against acne causing bacteria. Moreover, it dries out the acne lesions and shrinks the skin pores.
- Mash a ripe banana peel using a masher or a fork to its thick paste form
- Take a few fresh lemons and squeeze out their juice in a cup
- In a bowl, take equal quantities of lemon juice and peel paste and mix them together
- Use a soft cotton ball or a cotton swab and gently massage using this mixture
- Wash this mixture off with cool water after keeping it on for 15 minutes
- Pat your skin dry
- Use this mixture regularly for maximum effectiveness
Baking powder and banana peel
Baking powder removes the excess sebum accumulated in the skin pores. Moreover, you can use the combination of baking powder and banana peel for acne scars and pigmentation on the skin.
- Use a fork or masher to mash the skin of a banana to its thick paste form
- Take 1 TBSP peel paste and mix it with half TBSP baking powder
- Now add water, for thinning the mixture, as one drop at a time with constant stirring
- Use a soft cotton ball to apply the mixture to the skin and massage in a circular pattern for less than 2 minutes
- Pat dry your skin after washing the mixture off with fresh water
- Repeat this process every day for a week
Milk and banana peel for acne scars
As an exfoliating agent and a deep cleanser for the skin, raw milk removes the accumulated dirt and excess oil from the skin surface and keeps it moisturizes.
- Wash your face with fresh water and pat dry
- On your palm, take a few drops of raw milk
- Apply and gently massage using this mixture in circular pattern
- Now, scrub your face gently with small banana peels pieces
- Continue the scrubbing process for 15 to 20 minutes
- Let it stay on for another 20 minutes
- Pat, your face, dry after washing it off with fresh, cool water
- For better results, use this process every day
Safety Precautions and Tips of Banana Peel for Acne to Get Better Results in Short Time
- As not every skin type is compatible with banana peel remedy, so it is better to check if your skin is allergic or not. For the purpose, apply a solution on a tiny affected area, and if the skin gets red or you start feeling irritation in that area or the vicinity, then you are most likely allergic to it. Therefore, it is better to avoid using any banana peel based solutions.
- Never rub your skin too hard with banana peel as it will increase irritation and inflammation. Instead, use a soft cotton ball rather than using bare hands.
- Pesticides and chemical free bananas are better for use as remedies.
- Always stick to the mentioned time durations, as leaving the mixture or scrub for longer periods can lead to other side effects of the banana peel on a face.
- Always keep your lifestyle healthy, eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water daily (at least 2 liters).
- Avoid eating too-much-oily foods.
Which remedy did you find to be most useful for your skin? Do you have any other method, in your mind, that can work better? If you have any queries regarding the use of banana peel for acne, or any suggestions, then don’t hesitate to tell us.