How to Get Rid of an Ingrown Toenail – Causes And Treatment
In growing toenails– Reasons and Causes:
How to get rid of an ingrown toenail can be a very painful question for many people. From our past and existing experiences, we all learn different methods to resolve this unduly problem. Sometimes we also have people around us, who are suffering from this situation and they are just looking for some answers to the questions like:
- How to fix an ingrown toenail painlessly?
- How to get rid of an ingrown fingernail?
- How to cut an ingrown toenail?
- How to get rid of an infected ingrown toenail?
These and many other similar questions keep hovering the minds of people who are suffering from this problem.
It is a minor operation that recovers very fast with proper medication and care. If you have the infection, the doctor will first prescribe antibiotics to cure the infection first. Then surgery or any other procedure for removal of the nail ingrowth will be initiated.
What are Ingrown Toenails?
For those of you who still do not have an idea about what is an ingrown toenail or fingernail, the question of how to get rid of an ingrown toenail is pointless. Below is a brief description of what this disorder is like and what could be possible causes that lead to this situation:
When the edges of a nail of your toe or finger start to penetrate the skin on the sides, you have a problem called the ingrown nail. It occurs as a result of the pressure that is created by the growth of the nails over time. This issue does not happen overnight. It is a slow process that is the outcome of several days of pressure development. Initially, the nail’s point edges will only press against the skin. But over time, there will be a breakthrough, and the nail will start its penetration into the skin. In many cases, this process will be accompanied by inflammation of the skin in the region and extreme pain. This is when you will start to wonder how to get rid of an ingrown toenail.
In the medical terminologies, this problem is called the onychogryphosis. It is found in a significant number of people and is more common in the toenails than the fingers of the hands. The question that most people ask is how to get rid of ingrown toenails permanently? The pain is so discomforting that the sufferer wants to get rid of it for good. Only those who have gone through the problem can understand its severity and discomfort.
Some Common Symptoms:
In most cases, this problem starts with little or mild inflammation. In more extreme cases, the ingrown toenail can also result in an infection which will lead to fever. Development of reddishness and pus oozing out of the infection can be painful as well as distressing.It is, therefore, important to treat the problem as soon as it is observed. Once a patient finds out how to get rid of an ingrown toenail, he might be relieved from the current pain and problem. But it can reoccur if not treated well.
Common Reasons and Causes:
Before finding out how to get rid of an ingrown toenail, you must understand the reason and cause of this problem. Below are some of the most common reasons that cause it:
- An ingrown toenail can result as a consequence of unfit shoes. If you wear shoes that are not your size and are smaller or larger than the actual fit, then this problem can be experienced.
- Being part of sporting activities that consists of a vast number of stopping intervals and then starting again with a sudden motion. These sports and games include football, soccer, tennis, and even basketball or volleyball.
- When the foot is hurt due to some traumatic incident causing physical impact or injury. This could be a small accident or unforeseen bump from any object
- Continuous pressure building on any one point on the toe especially on the sides of the nail
- Not keeping your feet clean and tidy over an extended period. Poor hygienic conditions are a common reason for infections and other skin diseases.
- Sometimes people have a unique curvy shape of their nails. This is a natural problem and does not have any permanent solution. It is sometimes genetic and lingers on for generations
- One of the most prominent and obvious reasons for having ingrown toenails is not cutting the nails in a proper way. Leaving the edges longer and sharper can lead to penetration in the skin.
- Improper movement of the feet or unusual way of walking for prolonged periods of time can cause nails to apply pressure on specific regions towards the edges.
- This problem of ingrowth is common for people who have longer than normal toes.
- Any other form of foot or toe abnormality can lead to ingrown nails.
Ingrown toes nails are also common side effect of other major diseases like:
- Fungal infections
Search on the Internet:
There are various ways and methods that people use to fix this problem. You can also look out for several techniques by searching the internet and implementing those processes for permanent or temporary treatment of ingrown nails. Whether you are looking for ways on how to fix an ingrown toenail with dental floss or how to get rid of an ingrown toenail overnight or how to fix an ingrown toenail permanently, the information on the internet and online medical help websites are vast and immense. You need to understand each process carefully before adopting it for your own or your loved one’s treatment.
Visit a Doctor:
So now you have clarity in your mind about the various causes and reasons of why ingrowth occurs around your toenails. The next step should now be finding out how to get rid of an ingrown toenail and reducing the pain. In extreme situations, you should consult a doctor or professional medical care provider. Surgery is often recommended in dangerous situations.