TOP 6 Most Effective Remedies of Onion Juice for Hair Loss
A recently held analysis revealed that more than 35 million males and 20 million females experience severe hair loss, just in the United States and these numbers are even greater for the rest of the world. Many factors can cause hair loss, i.e. junk food, scalp infections, dandruff, changes in lifestyles, improper hair care, and dry hair strands. Despite the availability of a significant number of chemical treatments in the market, most of the people opt for natural solutions like onion juice for hair loss.
Studies proved that those people who use onion rather than harsh chemical products observed show results in less than six weeks with the success rate of more than 84%. In other words, they were re-gifted with new hairs. This change is much more observable for the patients of alopecia areata.
How effective is onion juice in dealing with hair loss?
- Onion is a rich source of Sulphur and provides our hairs, the necessary amount of the Sulphur to keep them healthy and active. As Keratin is the primary Sulphur based protein which makes up our hairs but when the quantities of Sulphur fall below the required limit, the hairs get dry and brittle.
- Quercetin, present in enormous quantities in onion, is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds and reduces free radicals, particularly those which can damage the hairs. Moreover, it protects the hair against toxins and pollution prevent them from breakage.
- Biotin, an essential vitamin for skin and hair, along with vitamin C, phosphorous, folic acids and flavonoids keep the skin supple and prevent the loss of hairs.
- Due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties, it prevents the infections from affecting the scalp.
6 Methods of Using Onion Juice for Hair Loss
There are different ways of using onion juice for hair loss, and each remedy has its own set of benefits and advantages. For the convenience of our readers, we have listed some of the most effective treatments and therapies. All you have to do is choose any method and use it regularly.
Onion juice massage
- Take a fresh medium-sized onion
- Peel it and chop it into small pieces
- In a blender, put all of the slices and continuously blend it until you get a smooth texture
- Now using a cheese cloth, squeeze the onion juice out of the onion puree prepared in the previous step
- Now massage using this juice on your scalp while focusing highly on bald patches.
- Let it stay on for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash the mixture off with lukewarm water using a mild shampoo
- Repeat this process 3 to 4 times in a week
Hair rinse with orange juice for hair loss
If you are low on time, particularly when it comes to the use of hair packs, then you can use this remedy after washing your hair regularly.
- Take a liter of water in a pot
- Add 1 TBSP of fresh onion juice to it
- Wash your hair using a mild shampoo and in the end, rinse it again onion juice and water solution for one time
- For better results, use this method as often as possible
Lemon juice and onion juice for hair loss
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin B-complex, vitamin C, antioxidants and folic acid, and helps to fight against scalp infections and nourishing the hairs. Furthermore, it improves the blood circulation through the scalp and assists in removal of dandruff deposits and dirt from the scalp.
- Take a fresh lemon and cut it into equal pieces
- Squeeze out the juice of both the pieces and add 1 TBSP fresh onion juice to it
- Apply this mixture on your scalp using a soft cotton ball
- Keep it there untouched for about 30 minutes
- Wash it off using a mild shampoo and lukewarm water
- Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times in a week
Honey and onion juice for hair loss
Honey does an excellent job in hydrating the skin and keeping it moisturized. It prevents the hair strand breakage and prevents the infections from occurring by making use of its antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- Take some orange juice in a pot (about ¼ of a cup will do)
- Add 1 TBSP honey to it and mix the ingredients thoroughly with the help of a spoon
- While focusing on the areas where the hairs are thinning, apply this mixture on your head
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after leaving it on for about 30 minutes
- Use this mixture every week for about four times
Garlic and onion juice for hair loss
According to studies, one can make use of garlic and onion juice for hair loss thickness. The excellent heating properties of garlic improve the circulation of blood through scalp prevent them from weakening. Moreover, it removes harmful products and toxins depositions from scalp and roots of hairs. Vitamins, minerals, Sulphur, and selenium enable one to use this mixture of garlic and onion juice for hair graying.
- Take paste of 8 fresh garlic cloves
- Add 2 TBSP onion juice
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly using a spoon
- Rub this mixture into the scalp with the help of a soft cotton ball
- Keep it there untouched for 30 minutes
- Wash this mixture off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo
- For better results, repeat the process two times every week
Olive oil and onion juice for hair loss
Olive oil prevents the hair strand from breakage by moisturizing it from within. It defends the scalp against dandruff and infections which can cause hair loss. According to a study, olive oil increases the growth of hairs and prevents hair loss by proliferating the cells particularly during the formation of hair follicles.
- In a bowl, take 2 TBSP fresh onion juice
- Add one TBSP olive oil
- Mix the ingredients using a spoon
- Apply this mixture on scalp and massage with it
- Leave it on for about 2 hours
- Wash the mixture off with water using a mild shampoo
- Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times every week
Safety Precautions and tips for Getting the best results of Onion Juice for Hair Loss
- If the pungent and strong smell of onion juice bothers you, then add a few drops of lavender oil, rosemary oil or peppermint oil to it.
- To ensure quick onion juice hair growth success, make onions a part of your everyday diet, particularly in curries, salad and gravies.
- Wash your hair using cool water after using these remedies, as it helps in sealing the cuticles of the strands of hairs.
- Before you start using onion juice for treating your hair loss, please ensure that you are not allergic to it. In case if you observe redness, rashes or hives on the area of application, then it is better to stay away from using onion based remedies.
- Natural remedies do take some time to show results so be patient.
- Choose a mild shampoo and a gentle conditioner for your hair according to your choice.
- Never use heating devices such as straightening iron, curlers and blow dryers for your hair, as these devices do more damage than they do good.
- Try to sleep for at least 8 hours every night and practice breathing exercise, meditation and yoga every day to calm your mind.
- Ensure the intake of a balanced and a healthy diet which includes fats, proteins, vegetables, and fruits.
So, which remedies regarding the use of onion juice for hair loss proved helpful for you? Is there any remedy that can work better than the remedies mentioned in this article? Do you have any question or confusion? Please don’t hesitate to share your queries, suggestions, and experiences with us.