How to Use Vitamin E for Wrinkles – TOP 8 Ways
Just like us, our skin can’t keep up with time. As the time passes, it loses its moisture, elasticity, and firmness, which leads to increasing appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Even though the process of line formation is a natural process and is impossible to avoid, but one can use natural remedies like vitamin E for wrinkles, to restrict or delay their appearance.
Other factors that can cause premature wrinkling of the skin are sun exposure, environmental pollutants, and makeup. The environmental pollutants and makeup accumulate on the skin surface during the daytime and damage the collagen and elastin after penetrating deep into the skin layers. There are many commercial creams available that claim to treat wrinkles but have dangerous side effects, so it is better to go for a natural treatment.
How effective is vitamin E for wrinkles?
- Vitamin E casts an anti-aging effect on the skin making it look younger and wrinkle-free, as it speeds up the cell regeneration process.
- Vitamin E boosts the production of collagen by the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Vitamin E hydrates the skin to make it look moist, fresh and supple. This property usually exists in Tocopherol, a particular type of vitamin E.
- Vitamin E enhances the elastin production in the body. Elastin is an essential protein which is responsible for keeping the skin elastic.
- Vitamin E ensures the efficient transportation of minerals and nutrients to skin cells by improving the blood circulation.
Methods of treating wrinkles with vitamin E
There are many ways and remedies to treat lines and wrinkles on the skin, i.e. using vitamin E oil in the form of capsules or combining with other ingredients. Moreover, you can use the same treatment for different parts of your face skin. In simple words, the method of using vitamin E for wrinkles under eyes is the same as the method of using vitamin E for wrinkles on forehead. However, before using any remedy, wash your skin with cool water and pat dry it using a piece of soft cotton cloth.
Share this Image On Your Site
Vitamin E oil for wrinkles
- Take two vitamin E capsules
- Use a clean and small pin to puncture both the capsules
- Press the capsules with your finger to squeeze out the vitamin E oil
- Apply and massage using this oil, on the affected area of the skin, in a circular motion
- Keep it untouched for a whole night
- In the morning, wash it off using fresh water
- Repeat this process daily before going to sleep
Aloe Vera and vitamin E oil for wrinkles
More than 96% of Aloe Vera consists of water, which makes it a perfect hydrating agent for the skin. It helps to prevent wrinkles by stimulating the regeneration of skin cells, improving the elasticity of the skin and healing it from the damage caused by harmful radiations in sunlight.
- In 1 TBSP of Aloe Vera gel, mix the oil with 2 vitamin E capsules
- Apply this mixture to the affected area of the skin
- Gently massage using the tips of your fingers for a few minutes
- Let it steep for half an hour
- Pat the skin dry after washing it off with cool water
- For better results, use this mixture daily
Honey, Yogurt, vitamin E oil and lemon juice
Honey protects the skin from the harmful toxins and keeps it hydrated. Yogurt improves the moisture content of the skin and improves its elasticity. Lemon juice, on the other hand, prevents the wrinkling of the skin by tightening the pores and bleaching the spots caused by aging.
- Take three vitamin E capsules and extract their oil
- Add 2 TBSP yogurt, half TBSP lemon juice, half TBSP honey and the extracted vitamin E oil in a bowl
- Mix them well
- Apply the mixture on your face
- Leave it on for 20 minutes
- Repeat the process daily
Coconut oil and vitamin E oil for wrinkles
As a rich source of many nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins and essential fats, coconut oil is the perfect solution to early skin aging and the wrinkles caused by it.
- Extract the vitamin E oil from 1 capsule
- Add 1 TBSP coconut oil to it and mix
- Massage with the mixture in a circular pattern on the affected area
- Keep it there for 15 minutes
- Wash it off with fresh water
- Pat your skin dry
- Repeat this process two times every day
Vitamin E oil and olive oil
Olive oil helps in nourishing and moisturizing the old looking, wrinkled skin. Due to the high antioxidant content of olive oil, it fights the free radicals that damage the skin and enhances its elasticity.
- Take ¼ teaspoon olive oil and mix it with ¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Before bedtime, apply this mixture and gently massage for 2 to 3 minutes
- Let it stay on for a whole night
- Wash it off in the morning
- For better results, repeat this procedure daily
Vitamin C and vitamin E oil for wrinkles
Just like olive oil, vitamin C removes the free radicals, as these radicals damage the skin tissue. Moreover, it strengthens the immune system and prevents the formation of wrinkles in the long run.
- Take ¼ TBSP of vitamin C oil in a bowl
- Add ¼ TBSP of vitamin E oil in it
- Mix it thoroughly
- Massage gently using the tips of your fingers
- Let it stay on for 20 minutes
- Pat skin dry after cleaning it off with lukewarm water
- Use this mixture daily
Honey, turmeric, rose water and vitamin E oil
Rosewater possesses excellent skin cleansing properties. It helps in unclogging the pores of the skin. Honey prevents the wrinkle formation by making use of its humectant capabilities. Turmeric, acting as an active exfoliating agent, removes the signs of skin aging along with age spots. Apart from wrinkles, one can use the mixture of rose water, turmeric, honey and vitamin E for wrinkles and dark circles under eyes.
- Take ¼ TBSP vitamin E oil in a bowl
- Add half TBSP rose water, one TBSP honey, and half TBSP turmeric to it
- Mix the ingredients until the mixture gets the shape of a fine paste
- Apply this mixture and massage for a few minutes
- Keep it there for 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash the mixture off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process daily
Vitamin E smoothie
Drinking smoothies that are rich in vitamin E can also prevent the formation of wrinkles.
- In a blender, add half ripe banana, one cup of spinach, 1 TBSP seeds of sunflower
- Also, add 1 cup almond milk and 2 TBSP lemon juice in it
- Blend them together until the mixture gains uniform consistency
- You can also some crushed ice to the mixture depending on your choice
- For best results, drink these smoothies daily
Safety precautions and tips to get the best result
- Nothing unusual happens overnight. It does take some time for the effects to be observable, so patience is an essential ingredient in all of the remedies mentioned above.
- In the case of oily skin, it is better to avoid using vitamin E on a regular basis. As it is greasy, it will clog the skin pores and can cause skin problems like acne. So, it is better to understand the vitamin E oil for face side effects before usage.
- Ensure that your skin doesn’t react with vitamin E or any of the ingredients, mentioned in the remedies, using a patch test.
- If vitamin E oil gets in eyes, wash your eyes with cool water multiple times until the irritation reduces.
- It is better not go beyond the 400 milligrams vitamin E usage in the form of supplements/capsules. If you are using iron supplements, then consult your doctor before using vitamin E supplements, as the two can interfere.
- Decrease the use of alcohol, while using vitamin E medications and remedies.
- Ensure the inclusion of turnips, hazelnuts, broccoli, pine nuts, apricots, tomatoes and kale to your diet.
- In the case of excessive dryness, you can use an oil-free, light moisturizer for your skin.
- Use sunscreen lotion before getting out in sunlight, as the parts that gain too much exposure to sunlight are highly prone to wrinkling.
If you have any confusions, questions or queries, related to the use of vitamin E for wrinkles, don’t hesitate to ask and don’t forget to share your experiences and thoughts with us.