Sugar for Stretch Marks – Regain your Beauty with 10 Methods of Sugar
Stretch marks usually develop due to quick weight gain or loss, and more than 90% of women develop stretch marks after the pregnancy. These long and ugly looking stretch marks make you feel embarrassing, particularly when it comes to beauty. So, removal of stretch marks becomes a matter of concern for many. But don’t worry because a lot of remedies and treatment methods are available. Among all these methods, using sugar for stretch marks works pretty effectively.
How useful is Sugar in Removing Stretch Marks?
- The small molecules of glycolic acid, one of the primary components of sugar, can penetrate deep into the skin and help the body in producing healthy skin cells.
- Sugar increases the speed of healing process by improving the blood circulation through the skin.
- Sugar assists in exfoliating stretch marks before and after weight gain and loss by removing the layer of dead skin.
- Sugar locks moisture inside the skin and keeps it soft.
Ten Practically Methods of Using Sugar For Stretch Marks
Stretch marks don’t harm their bearers, but they make the affected area of skin appear saggy and quite ugly. Moreover, it is usually difficult to get rid of them, so patience is an essential ingredient in all of the below-mentioned remedies for old stretch marks.
- Use sugar scrub
For the maximum effectiveness of the sugar scrub, use raw sugar or brown sugar rather than white sugar.
- Mix half cup of sugar with sufficient water
- Continuously stir it, until the solution gets the shape of a consistent smooth paste
- Apply this paste on the stretch marks in a circular motion
- Leave it there for a few minutes and then wash with water or wipe with a clean cloth
- Repeat the process for 2 to 3 times every week
- Use a combination of salt and sugar scrub
If you have a tight belly skin, then use salt scrubs for stretch marks. Salt scrubs improve the blood circulation in the skin and provide it with greater flexibility. Moreover, salt removes the skin toxins. Consequently, the production of collagen in skin tissue gets a huge boost.
- Mix Equal ratios of salt and sugar in a pot (about 250 and 200 grams respectively)
- Now, to the mixture, mix 100 ml of palm oil
- Apply the paste in a circular motion while scrubbing gently
- Wash it with cool water after leaving it on for some time
- Use this scrub, at least, three times in a week
- Use Sugar and Lemon
Lemon has strong astringent properties and assists the skin in the production of collagen, thus using lemon sugar scrub for stretch marks also provides flexibility to the skin and gives it a fresh look.
- Take a lemon and squeeze it in a small cup
- Add some coconut oil to it
- Also, add some sugar and mix it until it forms a highly viscous liquid
- Apply this mixture gently to the afflicted areas
- Keep it for about 10 minutes
- Use lukewarm water to wash it off
- Try Honey and sugar
Honey assists the skin to keep its moisture content locked and tightens it.
- Mix equal ratios of sugar, olive oil, and honey in a bowl
- Apply it on the stretch marks in a circular pattern
- Wipe it off with a clean cloth or wash with cool water after leaving it there for sometime
- Repeat this procedure every two days
- Use a combination of milk, lemon and sugar scrub
Milk contains massive quantities of mono-saturated fats, which are well known for their capabilities in moisturizing the skin, improving the production of collagen, nourishing the skin and retaining its elasticity.
- Take a lemon and cut it in halves
- Pour salt on one of the pieces and sugar powder on the other one
- First of all, rub the piece with salt on the marks and hold it there for a minute
- Then, rub and keep the other piece in place, just like you did with the first one
- Take some milk in a pot and dip both pieces in it
- Now apply the both parts on the marks
- After 10 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water
- Dry your skin with a piece of cotton cloth
- To get clear skin, be sure to use this method for every two weeks
- Olive oil and sugar
Olive oil is an excellent source of polyphenols, vitamin E, and phytosterols. All of these components help improve blood circulation, lock moisture in skin cells and increasing the elasticity of the skin.
- Mix 2 TBSP of sugar in 1 TBSP of olive oil in a bowl
- Spread and apply this mixture in circular motion on the stretch marks
- Keep up the massage for about 10 minutes
- Clean it and wash with lukewarm water
- Keep repeating the procedure until the marks disappear
- Sugar and almond oil combination
Vitamin A and Vitamin E present in almond oil improve the speed of the skin’s healing process. It brightens up the skin by cleaning it and clearing out any debris or dirt present on the surface of the skin.
- Take a half cup of sugar in powdered form and add it in enough amount of almond oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste in a circular pattern on the stretched skin area
- Leave it for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Use lukewarm water to wash it off and dry with cotton cloth
- Castor oil and sugar
The high content of ricinoleic acid in castor oil penetrates the skin, moisturizes it and tightens the stretch marks.
- Take 1 cup of sugar and mix it well in sufficient amount of castor oil (oil being less in quantity than sugar)
- Spread the solution circularly over the stretch marks
- Massage for about 5 minutes and wash with cool water
- Repeat the process every day for about three weeks
- Cane Sugar Scrub
Ingredients: ½ cup of coffee grounds, 3 TBSP honey, 3 TBSP coconut oil, ¼ cup of oatmeal, 1½ cup of cane sugar, 1 TBSP of oil infused with calendula, 2 drops peppermint oil and ½ TBSP vanilla extract
- Pour all of the ingredients in a pot and mix well
- Store in a container that is airtight
- Use sufficient amount of mixture to apply over the marks
- Keep it there for about 15 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Store the remaining mixture in refrigerator
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times every week
- Vitamin E oil, Almond oil, and Sugar
- Take ¼ cup almond oil, 1 cup ground coffee, ¼ cup of almond oil and ½ cup sugar and mix well
- Use some water to rinse the stretch marks before applying the mixture
- Use sufficient amount of mixture to apply on the stretch marks
- Massage gently in a circular pattern and let it sit there for about 20 minutes
- Wash with water
- Store the remaining mixture for future use
- Repeat the procedure 2 to 3 times every week
Must Read all These Safety Precautions of Sugar for Stretch Marks
- Always apply the scrub gently; otherwise, it might irritate or injure the skin.
- A patch test before the application of any of the methods mentioned above is necessary.
- To get the best results in less time, use raw cane sugar or brown sugar.
- Stay away from the above methods, if you have cuts or bruises in the stretch marks’ area.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration, as dehydrated skin starts looking dry and brittle.
- During pregnancy, take good care of your skin.
- Try not to lose weight too quickly as it is the primary reason behind stretch marks and saggy skin.
As removal of stretch always takes time, so we advise you to have some patience while trying any method. If you have questions regarding any sugar for stretch marks remedy, please do ask.