7 Effective Home Remedies using Parsley for Kidney Stones – Top 7 Ways
Experts recommend using parsley for kidney stones can help you in getting out of the situation without any side effects. According to research, every 1 in 11 people in the US is affected by kidney stones. These stones are small but hard deposits of minerals and salts which can get accumulated in the urinary tract or kidneys. Though it can affect anyone, men of age between 30 – 50 are much more prone to develop kidney stones.
Kidney stones form because of the increase in oxalate, uric acid or calcium or reduction in the volume of urine. Moreover, not drinking enough water is also one of its most common causes. Other reasons include urinary tract infections, heredity, inflammatory bowel disease, hypertension and a high protein diet with fewer fibers.
Large kidney stones usually need surgeries or other medical interventions, but painful symptoms and smaller stones can be dealt with using natural remedies like apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and parsley. But we are going to focus parsley only, in this article.
Is parsley good for kidney stones?
- The low percentage of sodium makes parsley a perfect remedy in keeping the blood pressure in check. As, the high blood pressure hardens and damages the blood vessels, which leads to the formation of stones and accumulation of vast quantities of unwanted wastes.
- Calcium oxalate accumulation in kidneys is one of the primary causes of kidney stone formation. Parsley reduces many kidneys related diseases by preventing this collection.
- The Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A assist in lowering the calcification and thus, stone formation.
- The powerful flavonoid and anti-inflammatory anti-oxidants present in parsley help in dealing with free radicals and oxidative stresses to the kidneys that occur as the result of stone formation.
- Being an extremely effective diuretic in nature, parsley flushes out the excess salts, accumulated water and toxins to improve kidney functions.
Methods to use parsley for kidney stones
There are various methods of using parsley for kidney stones, i.e., as simple infusion or in combination with other ingredients, etc. What all of these methods require from you is to stick with a method and keep repeating it until you get your desired results.
Parsley Water for kidney stones
One of the main “parsley boiled water benefits” is that it is the most comfortable and most straightforward method of using parsley for kidneys. For the purpose, follow the following procedure:
- Take a few fresh leaves of parsley in a pan
- Add a small quantity of water in it (enough to cover the leaves)
- Boil this mixture for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Let the liquid cool down after removing from the flame
- Strain the liquid
- Drink this liquid thrice a day
For added benefits, while using water of parsley for kidney stones: You can also add some lemon juice in this parsley water for increasing benefits and taste.
Parsley tea for kidney stones
Parsley tea for kidney stones acts as a powerful natural cleanser and assists to prevent the reabsorption of salts into the body tissues, thus effectively reducing the chances of formation of stones in kidneys.
- Take some water in a saucepan or a kettle, enough to make tea
- Under running water, rinse 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Release some of the natural oils present in the parsley leaves by chopping them in a rough manner
- Take another cup and place the cut leaves at its bottom
- Fill the cup with the hot water while pouring it over the leaves
- Let it stay there for about 10 minutes
- Use a sieve to strain the leaves
- Take another bowl and collect the liquid tea in it
- Drink at least two cups daily for getting the best results
Apple cider vinegar and Parsley for kidney stones
The enormous quantities of citric acid present in apple cider vinegar play an essential role in dissolving the stones present in kidneys. Moreover, it enhances the capability of the body to produce hydrochloric acid, which helps in the prevention of stone formation.
- Take a bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- Also, take a TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- Add both of the ingredients to blender
- Also, pour a cup of water in it
- Blend all the ingredients until you get a consistent thick mixture
- Consume this mixture three times every week
Watermelon, Cucumber, Lemon and Parsley for kidney stones
Lemon juice is an excellent kidney cleanser, which helps in dissolving waste mineral deposits and calcium oxalate stones. Cucumber, on the other hand, acts as a diuretic and drains out the extra uric acid that is accumulated in the body. The watermelon juice and its seeds are an excellent source of zinc, magnesium, and anti-oxidants, which detoxify the kidneys and improve their functionality.
- Take one chopped cucumber, half an ounce of organic parsley, juice of 2 lemons and ¼ of a watermelon in a blender
- Blend all of the ingredients until all of the parsley leaves turn into a fine paste
- Drink this smoothie thrice a week
Note: Don’t forget to remove the lemon seeds while squeezing their juice.
Lemon, Ginger, Celery, and Parsley for kidney stones
Celery assists in the elimination of the toxins accumulated in kidneys, by increasing the production of urine. Ginger is an excellent citrate source that helps in the expulsion of the accumulated toxins through hydration.
- Take five stalks of celery in a blender and blend them
- Pour all of the resulting juice in a bowl
- Now take a small piece of ginger, 3 cups of fresh parsley along with a cup of water in a blender
- Blend this mixture until you get a consistent thick juice
- Use a sieve to strain the liquid into a bowl
- Add the ginger and parsley mixture to the celery juice
- Also, add half cup of lemon juice in it
- Thoroughly still all of the ingredients
- Consume the mixture three times every week
Honey, Lemon, Apple, and Parsley for kidney stones
Apple juice, being a rich source of vitamin C and fibers, works as a powerful anti-oxidant to help the kidneys to function healthily. Honey maintains the balance of pH at an optimum level while reducing the risks of kidney stones formation to a minimum.
- Take a bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- Soak them in warm water for about 15 minutes
- In a blender, add 2 TBSP of honey, juice of one lemon, a chopped apple, and the soaked parsley
- Also, add a ¼ cup water to it and blend all of the ingredients to a consistent liquid-like form
- Drink this mixture three times every week
Parsley Drink for kidney stones
Maple syrup contains enormous quantities of anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins, which are essential for normal function of kidneys. Olive oil helps in the lubrication of passages in kidneys to allow natural expulsion of kidney stones from the body. You can also use this parsley drink to lose weight. This parsley detox drink recipe requires you to follow the procedure as given below:
- Take a fresh lemon and scrape it
- Cut it into small chunks with its peel on
- In a blender, put 9 ounces of these lemon chunks
- Blend these pieces
- Take a handful of parsley roots and scrape them
- Blend these roots in the blender
- Add a cup of maple syrup, 9 ounces of raw honey and 9 ounces of olive oil to the mixer
- Take an air-tight container and put the mixture in it after blending thoroughly
- Store this jar in refrigerator
- On an empty stomach, consume a TBSP of the mixture every day
Safety precautions and tips for using parsley for kidney stones
- In case, if you are allergic to fennel, celery or carrots, then avoid using parsley in any form as a remedy; otherwise, it may cause skin reactions and allergies.
- As parsley increases the loss of the fluid from the body, the lactating or pregnant women or the patients suffering from high blood pressure should consult a doctor or medical practitioner before using parsley in any form.
- Being extremely potent, the parsley juice should be used only in specified frequencies and quantities.
- Always prefer organic foods like vegetables and fruits for any of the remedies mentioned above.
- The perfect diet for the prevention of kidney stones would include low sodium, high fluids, medium quantity of protein, low refined sugar, and high calcium content.
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking at least 8 – 10 glasses of water every day.
If you think we forgot to mention a great remedy regarding the use of parsley for kidney stones, then do tells us. Also, don’t hesitate to share your questions, experiences, and suggestions with us.