How to Get Rid of Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension – Best 8 Tips
According to studies led by American Heart Association, more than 85 million people are suffering from Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension, which means that on 1 per 3 adults over the age of 20 years, on average. It is also known by the name of “silent killer disease”, as it often has no symptoms or few that usually go unnoticed. If this situation is not controlled or treated in time, then it can lead to many serious health issues like vision loss, heart failure, stroke and kidney diseases.
What is Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension?
The heart pumps the blood through the arteries to the rest of the body and forces it to follow by pushing against the wall of arteries. The blood vessels expand when the blood flows through them, which is only possible if they are healthy. However, when they become hard, less flexible and narrow, ten pressure needed for maintaining the blood flow also increases, which leads to high blood pressure.
The narrowing of arteries takes place because of the buildup of plaque in the walls of arteries. The plaque can develop due to the collection of substances like fat, fibrin, cholesterol, cellular waste and calcium that circulate with the blood.
12 Home Remedies for Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
If you are looking for a method of “how can we control our high blood pressure”, then you are the right place, as there are several remedies to resolve it over some time. Whereas, the secondary level of lower high blood pressure hypertension needs proper medical attention to deal with the root cause.
Garlic for Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
Thanks to the presence of allicin in the garlic, it enhances the activity and availability of the nitric oxide, which dilates the arteries and regulates the blood pressure. Moreover, the gamma-glutamylcysteine present in garlic acts as a natural inhibitor of ACE and allows the blood vessels to widen and relax.
- Take two fresh garlic cloves
- Mince them till you get a fine paste
- Add this minced garlic to a cup of milk or water
- Mix both of the ingredients well
- Drink this mixture twice a day to get relief
Celery for Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
The seed extracts of celery contain phytochemicals, which relax the artery wall tissues and thus improve the blood flow. The 3-n-Butylphthalide present in the celery decreases the pressure of the blood by reducing the stress levels.
- Take 2 fresh celery stalks, two carrots, the juice of a lemon and a half green apple in a blender
- Blend all of the ingredients for a few minutes
- Drink this juice to get rid of the high blood pressure problems
Hibiscus for Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
Hibiscus has been around for a very long time as a traditional solution for reducing the high blood pressure in several countries of the world. The hibiscus tea consumption decreases the pressure by 11.7% on average. The diuretic properties of hibiscus assist in opening up the arteries for allowing the proper flow of the blood.
- Take some water in a pot (about a cup will do)
- Bring this water to boil and remove from the flame
- To this hot water, add 2 TBSP of dried hibiscus and some cinnamon as well
- Let the mixture simmer down for about 5 minutes
- Add honey or lemon for added taste and effectiveness and drink it
Note: The breastfeeding or pregnant women should consult a doctor before using hibiscus. Moreover, it can interact with some pain relievers.
Coconut water for Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
Coconut water contains enormous quantities of potassium, which is a major role player in lowering the blood pressure. Among all of the ingredients mentioned in this list of foods that lower high blood pressure, the coconut water improves the function of muscles of the heart, because of the presence of magnesium and potassium.
- Drink some coconut water (about 8 ounces)
- Use this remedy twice a day. In case of overweight, drink it thrice a day
Note: Though totally harmless, the coconut water isn’t recommended for the user to the patients whose kidneys are not in good shape.
Blueberry for Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
The consumption of blueberry increases the production of nitric acid in the body. The nitric acid, on the other hand, maintains the elasticity of the blood vessels and assists in dilating them to further reduce the blood pressure level. Thanks to the presence of flavonoids in it, the blueberry works as an antioxidant and stops the plaque from getting accumulated in the arteries.
- Add one and a half TBSP of dried powder of blueberry, a half cup of milk, one a half TBSP of ground flaxseeds and a half cup of plain yogurt in a blender
- Blend all of the ingredients well until you get a smooth mixture
- You can also add honey for taste and effectiveness and drink it
- To a glass of water, add dried berries
- Place this mixture on low flame
- Let this mixture simmer down until more than half of the water gets evaporated
- Strain the liquid from the mixture
- Extract the juice of the berries by squeezing them
- Pour back this juice to the hot water
- Add and mix some honey in it to improve the taste
- Reheat the mixture at the medium heat
- Take a TBSP of blueberry juice and drink it twice a day
- In an airtight container, store the rest of the syrup and keep it in the refrigerator for about 4 weeks
Carrot for Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
If you are looking for a way of “how to lower the blood pressure in minutes”, then carrots are the right choice for you. The calcium pectate, present in carrots, makes them work like a magic potion by regulating the digestion processes, which leads to the reduced amount of cholesterol. The presence of beta-carotene in carrots protects the cells from getting damaged by the free radicals.
- Add a chopped beetroot, a half cucumber, 3 chopped carrots, 4 celery stalks, an inch of ginger piece and a medium sized pear in a blender
- Blend all of the ingredients well until you get a smooth mixture
- Pour this mix into a glass and drink it
Tomato for Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
Being a rich source of potassium, vitamin E, and many other anti-oxidants, the tomatoes ease the tension in the vessels of the blood and lower the pressure needed by the heart to transport the blood. As the 20 milligrams of lycopene is sufficient for the safe consumption, it is better not to exceed than a cup of tomato juice in a day.
Note: The excessive usage of tomatoes can be harmful, so the people with kidney disorders should try to avoid using them.
Cardamom for Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
The cardamom helps the body in flushing the excess amount of sodium from the body. Furthermore, the presence of magnesium in cardamom stops the plaque from getting accumulated in the vessels.
- Take some water in a pot and warm it (about a cup will do)
- To this warm water, add a TBSP of powdered cardamom
- Also, add raw organic honey to it and mix well
- Drink this mixture twice every day
- For added benefits and effectiveness, you can use the combination of 4 black peppercorns, a cinnamon stick, 4 cardamoms and 4 thin slices of ginger in place of the powdered cardamom.
Medicines to treat the HBP
Most of the time, home remedies for high blood pressure work perfectly, as in most cases, it doesn’t result from any other disease. But if you feel that after the three months’ usage of the solutions mentioned above, your pressure hasn’t decreased sufficiently, then it is most likely the time to see your doctor. Doctors usually prescribe these drugs for the patients of HBP.
These drugs flush the excess sodium and water from the blood. These drugs include amiloride, furosemide and many others.
The ACE is an enzyme which converts the angiotensin to a chemical which tightens the blood vessels. ACE inhibitors prevent the action of this enzyme and lower the blood pressure.
- Angiotensin-Receptor Blockers
Just as their name suggests, these drugs block the pathway from where the angiotensin connects to the blood vessels. These include candesartan and losartan.
These drugs lower the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels. Examples of these drugs are minoxidil and hydralazine.
- Calcium Channel Blockers
The calcium channel blockers prevent the calcium from tensing the blood vessels and keep them relaxed.
Prevention of Lower High Blood Pressure Hypertension
Apart from knowing “what foods are good for high blood pressure?”, it is better to know how to avoid this situation from recurring. For the purpose, keep the weight of your body under control by increasing the physical activities. Limit the intake of alcohol and salts, as well as salted and processed foods. Consume dairy and low-fat meat products.
If you think that we forgot to mention a great remedy for controlling the lower high blood pressure hypertension, then please do tell us. Also, don’t hesitate to share your queries, suggestions, and experiences with us.