How to Reduce Cholesterol Quickly Using 8 Easy Natural Home Remedies
High levels of cholesterol are often caused by unhealthy diet and lifestyle choices, like lack of adequate physical activity and high amounts saturated fats in food. Even though there are many essential roles that cholesterol needs to perform for normal functioning of the body, but its increased quantities can be fatal. That’s when learning about how to reduce cholesterol with different home remedies, and changes in lifestyle become essential.
How to Reduce Cholesterol Fast with Home Remedies?
There are several remedies with the help of which you can reduce your cholesterol level. The best thing about such home-based treatments is that these are safe, and are considered by the body as a part of natural cholesterol reduction signals.
According to studies, the seeds of coriander assist in lowering the overall cholesterol levels, i.e., the ‘bad’ cholesterol, as well as triglycerides. Moreover, they also possess excellent hypoglycemic capabilities and can work efficiently in dealing with diabetes.
How to Reduce Cholesterol with Coriander Seeds?
- In a pot, pour some water and place it on flame
- Also, add coriander seeds to it
- Let the mixture boil for about 20 minutes
- Remove the mixture from the flame
- With the help of sieve or strainer, strain the liquid from the mixture
- Let the liquid cool down to room temperature, by setting it aside for a few minutes
- Drink this juice to eliminate the extra cholesterol
Note: For added benefits, you might also want to add sugar, cardamom, and milk to it.
How to Reduce Cholesterol with Onions
Research proves that the red onions are beneficial in decreasing the levels of cholesterol. Furthermore, they also increase the quantities of good cholesterol in the body, which in turn, lowers the risk of getting heart-related diseases. For the treatment purposes, you can follow these procedures:
- In a pot, add equal quantities of honey and onion juice
- Thoroughly mix both of the ingredients
- Drink this mixture to decrease the cholesterol in the blood
- Repeat this process on a regular basis till the situation is relieved
- Take a fresh onion and chop it into small pieces
- In a cup of buttermilk, add pepper and onion pieces
- Mix all of the ingredients well and consume the mixture
Note: Don’t forget to add garlic, garlic, and onion to your daily diet.
Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV, also known by the name of apple cider vinegar, assists in reducing the overall cholesterol and glyceride levels. Furthermore, it is an excellent remedy for a considerable number of health-related issues, including gout, high blood pressure, acid reflux, upper respiratory infections, and many others.
- Take organic, unfiltered, and raw apple cider vinegar, and dilute it by adding it to sufficient amount of water
- Drink the mixture after the thorough mixture of the ingredients
- Repeat the procedure at least twice every day
Note: If you are not a big fan of the taste of ACV, then you can also add fresh apple juice, orange juice, or grape juice to it.
How to Reduce Cholesterol with Coconut Oil
Being a saturated fat, coconut oil works as an extremely effective remedy for keeping the cholesterol level in check. Moreover, due to the presence of lauric acid in it, coconut oil assists in increasing the amount of good cholesterol and improves the ratio of HDL / LDL. Simply put, coconut oil is the best solution for anyone, who is looking for an answer to how to reduce cholesterol quickly. So make the coconut oil, a part of your diet.
Red Yeast Rice
Thanks to the presence of monacolins in red yeast rice, it assists in lowering the cholesterol levels by inhibiting its synthesis. Fermented by red yeast, this particular type of rice has been used for thousands of years, in China for medicinal purposes. You can find it in the form of tablets in any famous food stores or pharmacies.
If you are suffering from high cholesterol level, then it is better to take 1.2 – 1.4 grams of it twice every day. Several studies have proven its effectiveness in dealing with the high levels of cholesterol. However, it is better to be cautious while using these supplements to lower cholesterol level, as their long-term effects aren’t evident.
Don’t forget to consult your doctor, before you start taking red yeast rice directly, or in the form of supplements, as Lovastatin and other components present in it can cause side effects. Moreover, avoid consuming it in any form, if you are nursing women, breastfeeding, or are pregnant.
Turmeric helps in reducing the cholesterol in the blood. Curcumin, a significant component in turmeric, comminutes to the cellular genes of liver and boosts the production of mRNA (messenger proteins). This protein, then, in turn, enhances the capabilities of LDL receptors and clears the bad cholesterol in the body.
- Take ¾ TBSP of turmeric and add it to 2 TBSP of mashed, cooked eggplant
- Stir the ingredients and mix them well
- Take some water and pour it into a pot
- Put this pan on the flame till it starts boiling
- Now remove it from the fire
- Take 1 ½ TBSP out of this water and add the prepared mixture to it
- Mix well till you get a smooth paste
- Spread this paste over the whole wheat bread
- Eat this bread after you eat something that is heavy in fats
How to Reduce Cholesterol with Rhubarb
Rhubarb, commonly known by the name of “cholesterol buster,” helps the body in cutting down the extra cholesterol in the blood.
- Pour rhubarb into a double boiler
- For sweetness, you can add a little amount of maple syrup or honey, and cook this mixture for a few minutes
- Add vanilla or cardamom, after this combination gets cooked
- Mix all of the ingredients well
- Consume this mixture to bring the high levels of cholesterol under control
How to Reduce Cholesterol with Neem and Basil Leaves
Basil possesses excellent anti-oxidant and hypolipidemic properties that help in controlling the amount of cholesterol in the blood. The lipid reduction effects enhance the catabolism and interfere with the absorption of cholesterol to stop the levels from increasing. Neem leaves, on the other hand, reduce the quantities of cholesterol by putting their alcoholic extract to use.
- Take 10 – 15 leaves each of neem and basil
- Mix the leaves and crush them till it attains the shape of a paste
- On a sieve, place a small quantity of the paste
- Extract the juice of this paste add it to a glass of fresh, drinking water
- Stir both of the ingredients well
- To get rid of the problem, drink this mixture with empty stomach
How to Reduce Cholesterol with Diet and Lifestyle Changes?
It is important to note that remedies, alone, won’t be sufficient. In fact, you will also have to bring some changes to your lifestyle, as well as your diet habits. The lifestyle habits that you should adopt to manage your blood cholesterol level include:
- Avoid smoking and drinking
- Exercise daily to keep your body active and healthy
- Lose excess weight
- Reduce the stress
- Try to stay away from trans fats in foods
- Eat foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and soluble fibers
- Decrease the consumption of foods that contain saturated fats
- The list of foods to avoid with high cholesterol includes oily, processed, and junk foods
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- Cholesterol and almonds, and my other types of nuts (including peanuts, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, and hazelnuts) have an old relation of enmity. So, don’t forget to have a handful of them every day.
Keep in mind that only learning about “how to reduce cholesterol” won’t eliminate your problems magically. You will have to follow the remedies, and in case, if the situation is persisting, then don’t hesitate to consult your doctor.