How to Grow Nails Fast – Top 10 useful DIY Home Remedies
Healthy and beautifully polished nails make women look charming and attractive, as they add beauty to the hand, which is exactly why they give a lot of their time and attention to their hands and nails. Women use nails polishes and many other harsh chemical based products. These products are extremely harmful and damaging for the nails, and slow down their growth. So, one can easily find countless women around him, looking for the ways of how to grow nails fast and keep them secure.
According to studies, the rapid growth of the nails is, usually, an index of a healthy body and it is also a fact that the nails of the fingers grow a lot faster than toenails. However, various factors slow down this growth, like aging, health problems, nutritional deficiencies, use of medications and hormonal changes in the body.
Even though you can use drugs that help to speed up the nail growth, but they don’t come without any side effects. So, the experts recommend looking for methods of how to grow nails faster naturally rather than using harsh chemicals based medications and ointments. Most of the remedies won’t need you to go to a market to buy the products for these remedies, as you can find most of the ingredients in your home (or in fact, right in your kitchen).
10 effective remedies of how to grow nails fast
If you are looking for methods of how to grow nails fast home remedies, then you are at right place. As, there are many useful methods to make your nails strong and healthy, but it needs a lot of time to search through all the data. So, here we did the hard job for you, gathered all of the practical methods of how to grow nails and listed them in one place. And, all you have got to do is, pick up a solution and stick to it, until you get satisfactory results.
Olive Oil to Grow Nails Fast
Olive oil possesses excellent penetrating abilities and perfectly nourishes the nails and skin. The vitamin E, present in the olive oil, assists in improving the blood circulation, promotes the healthy growth of nails, as well as repairs the damaged nails. This is one of the simplest and easiest methods of how to grow nails fast in a week (but can take more depending on the medical conditions).
- Take a small amount of warm olive oil
- Apply this oil to the cuticles and nails
- Gently massage for about 5 minutes
- Use cotton gloves for the whole night
- For better results, repeat this process once every day.
Orange juice to Grow Nails Fast
Orange juice can effectively boost the growth of the nails, thanks to its high vitamin C content. It assists in keeping the nails healthy by encouraging the collagen production. Moreover, the folic acid present in the juice is also essential for the growth of the nails.
- Take some orange juice in a small pot
- Soak your nails in it for about 10 minutes
- Wash the liquid off using lukewarm water
- Apply some moisturizer after patting them dry
- Repeat the procedure until you get satisfactory results
Coconut oil to Grow Nails Fast
The active moisturizing properties of coconut oil work well for the healthy and strong nails, as it significantly strengthens the cuticles. Moreover, it helps in curing fungal nails, cuticle infections, and hangnails.
- Mix ¼ cup honey, ¼ cup of organic coconut oil and 4 drops of rosemary oil (essential)
- Use microwave to warm the solution for about 20 seconds
- Soak your nails in this mixture for 10 – 15 minutes
- Repeat the process once or twice a week
Lemons to Grow Nails Fast
Lemons, being an excellent source of vitamin C, help in treating yellow nails and provide them a shining surface.
- Mix 3 TBSP olive oil and 1 TBSP lemon juice in a pot
- Mix both the ingredients and heat it in a microwave
- For about 10 minutes, soak your nails in it
- Repeat the procedure every day
An alternative method to Grow Nails Faster:
- Take a small slice of lemon
- Rub it on your nails for about 5 minutes
- Pat dry your nails after washing them with cool water
- Apply a mild moisturizer
- Avoid using this method, if you have got cuts on your nails. Otherwise, it might sting.
The high biotin content in tomatoes promotes the nail growth and makes them shiny and thick. Furthermore, vitamin A and vitamin C present in tomatoes are also essential for healthy skins and nails.
- Mix 2 TBSP olive oil with half cup of tomato juice
- In this solution, soak your nails for about 10 minutes
- For better results, repeat this remedy every day
Stinging nettle is an age-old remedy that helps in promoting nail growth. It contains enormous quantities of silica many other useful nutrients. Moreover, it prevents brittle nails and reduces the chances of the nails weakening.
- To a cup of hot water, add 2 – 3 TBSP of dried leaves of stinging nettle
- Cover the cup and let it steep for about 10 minutes
- Add some honey after straining the liquid
- Drink this tea daily
Protein to Grow Nails Fast and strong
Keratin, a type of protein, makes up the major portion of our nails. Lack of protein leads to white spots on the nails and weakens them. So, you can promote nail growth by adding more protein content to your diet plans and be right on your course of how to grow nails faster and stronger.
- Eat fish, beef, poultry, and eggs, as they are the best sources of proteins.
- Seeds, nuts, spinach, legumes and green vegetables can be a good option for vegetarians.
- You can also use protein supplements, but it is important to consult your doctor.
Flaxseed oil assists in treating nail splitting, cracking, brittleness or drying, as it contains many important nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B, lecithin, zinc, potassium, and magnesium. All these nutrients also help in boosting the nail growth.
The Romaine and Greek herbalists have been using horsetail for nail growth and they know how to grow nails fast, since ancient times. According to them, it contributes to the overall nails health, as it is an excellent source of silica, calcium and many other nutrients.
- Take some water in a pan (about 2 cups will do)
- Place the pot on the flame
- Let the water boil
- Add ¾ TBSP of dried stems of horsetail to the boiling water
- Let the mixture steep for about 10 – 15 minutes after covering it with a lid
- Strain the liquid from the mixture
- Let the liquid cool down to the room temperature
- Soak your nails in it for about twenty minutes
- For best results, repeat this process at least four times every week
- Instead, for getting healthy nails, you can drink the horsetail tea at least one time every day
A healthy nail growth is only possible if your body is getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals. Biotin, also known by the name of vitamin H, is one among such nutrients. It improves the infrastructure of keratin and encourages the growth of not just nails, but also hairs. Experts usually link the nail growth abnormalities, i.e., slow growth, thin, brittle or weak nails, with biotin deficiency. You can obtain sufficient quantities of biotin from whole grain, tomatoes, carrots, almonds, eggs, salmon, milk, oats, lentils, strawberries, milk, cucumber as well as walnuts.
Safety precautions and tips for Growing Nails Fast
- Avoid the exposure of harsh chemicals, i.e., cleaning products, to your nails, as much as possible. When cleaning or working, it is better to wear gloves to protect the nails from getting damaged.
- Keep your cuticles and nails dry and clean to help in the prevention of fungal infections.
- In case of nail infection, consult your doctor immediately.
- Never bit your nails or scratch them, as it weakens them.
- If you want to have strong and healthy nails, then keep a good eye on your diet.
- Regularly cut and trim the nails, as it helps them grow faster and makes them look beautiful.
- Keep your hands moisturized by applying petroleum jelly on your hands and nails.
- Stay away from the nail polishes that contain toluene, formaldehyde or sulfonamide.
- Exercise regularly to improve blood circulation.
- Intake of multivitamins can also assist in speeding up the nail growth.
If you think we forgot to mention an important essential remedy for “how to grow nails fast,” then please do tell us. Also, do share your experiences and questions with us.