10 Effective Home Remedies for Oily Skin to Get Rid of Instantly
Oily skin is tough to deal with, particularly during the summer season. The skin gets oily because of the excessive oil production by sebaceous glands, and this leads to many other skin ailments like acne, blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples. But there are some benefits, too, as our skin ages slowly and develops wrinkling at a slower rate. Chemical based treatments provide temporary results and do more bad than good. But home remedies for oily skin, on the other hand, do an excellent job in absorbing extra oil and controlling the production of oil.
TOP 10 Most Effective Home Remedies for Oily Skin
Do you know that almost all of the ingredients that are usually used as remedies for treating oily skin can come from any kitchen? Yes, these ingredients are common components which one can find in any kitchen. Some home remedies for oily skin also employ elements that you will have to buy from the market.
Multani Mitti for oily skin
Multani Mitti, also known by the name of Fuller’s Earth, is the best remedy for anyone who is obsessed with the question “how to get rid of oily skin permanently?”
- To 3 TBSP Fuller’s Earth, and sufficient amounts of rose water
- Mix both the ingredients to make a fine paste
- Use this paste as a mask on your face and let it stay on for about 20 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this process one time every week
Mud Pack for oily skin
Among many beauty tips for oily face, the use of mud pack or a clay mask is the favorite option of many experts as it assists in the removal of excess oil and impurities present on the skin surface and controls the amount of oil produced by the body. These properties make it one of the most used home remedies for oily skin and pimples.
- To enough quantity of rose water, add 1 TBSP of clay
- Mix them to make a paste
- Apply this paste on the clean skin
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after letting it dry completely
- Pat dry your face
- You can also add a few drops of any essential oil for extra advantages
Gram Flour home remedy for oily skin
Gram flour exfoliates the dead layer of skin due to its alkalizing nature and removes impurities and oil. Moreover, it makes the skin tight (but still soft) and keeps it supple.
- Take 1 TBSP gram flour
- Add rose water to it and mix to a paste
- Spread this paste on the skin of your face but avoid the area surround mouth and eyes.
- Let it stay on until it dries completely
- Wash off the paste with fresh water
Cornstarch possesses excellent oil absorbing properties and makes the skin clear and soft.
- Take some water in a pot
- Mix 2 to 3 TBSP cornstarch in it to make a paste
- Apply this paste on your face
- Keep it there untouched until it dries up
- Wash the mixture off using lukewarm water
- For better results, use this paste regularly
Egg white home remedy for oily skin
Egg white is a rich source of vitamin A and helps in tightening of the skin pores, removal of excess oil and for lightening of blemishes.
- Separate the white of an egg in a pot
- Whip its white until it gets stiff
- Spread a thin layer of this beaten egg white on your face
- Let it there for the time in which it gets dry completely
- Wash off this layer with fresh water
Orange peels possess astringent properties which prevent the excretion of excess oil from the body. Moreover, the high vitamin C content, present in orange peels, enables them to slow down the wrinkle formation process and keep the skin soft and supple.
- Take a few orange peels and place them under the sun
- Once they crisp, put them in a blender
- Blend them until they get the shape of a fine powder
- Combine this powder with rose water to make paste
- Use this paste as a thin layer of mask over the skin surface
- Let this layer stay on for about 15 minutes
- Rinse off the coat with lukewarm water, and pat dry your face
Oatmeal removes the dead cells from the skin surface, unclogs the skin pores and absorbs the excess oil.
- In a grinder, take some pieces of oatmeal
- Grind them to their powder form
- Make a thick paste by adding witch hazel in it
- Spread a layer of this paste on your face
- Let it dry and then wash off with fresh water
Apple is a rich source of malic acid which is extremely effective in exfoliating the dead skin cells as well as treating the excess oil production.
- Take half cup of cooked oatmeal
- To it, add half cup of mashed apple, one egg white along with 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Mix all of the ingredients to make a paste
- Apply this paste on your face and keep it there untouched for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash your face with fresh water
- For better results, use this process regularly
Witch hazel possesses astringent properties and assists in drying the excess oil and tightening the skin pores.
- Apply witch hazel to your skin using a soft cotton ball
- Let it dry and wash it off with water
As, cucumber contains high magnesium, potassium, vitamin A and vitamin E content, it is useful for nourishing the skin and controlling oil production.
- Take a cucumber and cut a slice from it
- Rub this cucumber slice gently on the skin surface
- Let the resulting juice stay there for the whole night
- In the morning, wash the mixture off with lukewarm water
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar, being rich in alpha hydroxyl sources, tones the skin and moisturizes it. It kills the bacteria that can cause acne.
- Take ¾ cup distilled water
- To it, add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- Mix both the ingredients and apply on the face using a cotton ball
- Leave the mixture there for about 5 to 10 minutes
- Pat dry after washing with fresh water
Safety Precautions and tips to Get Rid of Oily Skin With These Home Remedies for Oily Skin
- To prevent the oil from accumulating on the surface of your skin, cleanse your skin at least two times every day using a glycerin soap
- Use oil-absorbing tissues whenever you feel it necessary
- It is a hundred times better to wash your face with lukewarm water than chemical based soaps
- Always use sunscreen before venturing outside
- Clean the makeup brushes which you usually use at least one time every week
- To reduce oiliness, rub watermelon and papaya on your skin
- To ensure healthy skin, try a combination of lavender oil and neroli and use it as a skin cleanser and toner
- Consume 1 TBSP flaxseed oil every day to keep your skin healthy
- Avoid using harsh chemicals based oily skin care products and also avoid over-washing your skin
- Prevent the usage of heavy duty cosmetics for as long as possible as they clog the skin pores and trap dirt and extra oil in these pores which will lead to acne
- To unclog the skin pores and to ensure the removal of trapped dirt, try facial steam after removing the makeup and cream
- Choose a water based cleanser for proper cleansing of your skin
Which remedy in this article, did you find useful for treating your oily skin? Do you have questions regarding any of the home remedies for oily skin mentioned above? Please don’t hesitate to share your questions, experiences, and suggestions with us.