TOP 8 Effective Remedies of using Castor Oil for Dark Circles
Dark circles under the eyes (also known by the name of hyperpigmentation) usually make one look self-conscious and tired. These spots lighten if one follows a healthy lifestyle and drinks sufficient amounts of water. Today, different surgical methods are also in practice which can relieve you of this problem but usually leads to extreme irritation and dryness. Instead, you can use a natural solution, i.e. castor oil for dark circles, as it provides long term results without any side effects.
The primary reason of dark circles, which most of the people think, is the lack of sleep but exposure to the sun for a long time, allergies, rubbing and unhealthy lifestyle can also cause it. As the skin is fragile, particularly below the eyes, so when the blood vessels under the skin get inflamed by any of the factors mentioned above, the melanin production also gets triggered, and the skin discoloration becomes prominent.
How Effective is Castor Oil in Dealing with Dark Circles?
- Castor oil is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids stimulate the healthy tissues and hydrate the skin, which prevents the skin from decoloring.
- The antioxidants, present in castor oil, reduce the free radicals and protect the skin from getting damaged by these radicals. Moreover, these antioxidants reduce the fluid retention in blood vessels by shrinking them, and thus you can use castor oil for puffy eyes and dark circles.
- Castor olive promotes the production of elastin and collagen in the skin. The increased production of these tissues enhances the flexibility of the skin, thus keeping the skin active, hydrated and wrinkle free.
- Castor oil helps to get rid of viral, fungal and bacterial infections.
- Approximately 90% of the castor oil is Ricinoleic acid, which is a highly rare but extremely effective anti-inflammatory conditioner for the skin under the eyes.
Methods of using Castor Oil for Dark Circles
There are several methods of using the castor oil for dark circles, and we have listed the best of those ways in this article. So, select a method, follow its step by step procedure, use the remedy regularly, and after some time, you will be saying goodbye to the dark circles. Do you know that with the combination of certain ingredients, you can use castor oil for dark lips also?
Castor oil for dark circles
The direct application of the castor oil for under eye wrinkles and to the dark circles is truly the simplest and most efficient method of dealing with dark circles.
- Before using castor oil, wash your face with fresh water and pat dry it
- Dip your fingertips in castor oil
- Rub for a second or two till it gets slightly warm
- Evenly apply it on the dark circles present under the eyes
- Gently massage with this oil for 30 seconds
- Leave it there for the whole night
- In the morning, wash the oil off using lukewarm water
Fresh cream and castor oil for dark circles
Fresh milk cream is an excellent exfoliator for the dead skin cells, and moisturizes brightens and softens the skin surface.
- Take one TBSP of castor oil
- Add one TBSP fresh milk cream to it
- Mix it thoroughly until it gains uniform consistency
- Apply this mixture using your finger tips on the affected areas of your skin
- Let it stay on for one hour
- Wash the mixture with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process every day
Coconut oil and castor oil
Coconut oil significantly improves the circulation of the blood through the skin and nourishes it with antioxidants and necessary fatty acids, thus hydrating it from within.
- Take one TBSP castor oil in a bowl
- Add one TBSP coconut oil to it and mix well
- Carefully apply this mixture on the upper eyelids as well as dark circles
- Massage gently for about two minutes
- Wash it off in morning after leaving it there for the whole night
- For better results, use this mixture every day
Milk and castor oil for dark circles
- To 1 TBSP full-fat milk, add 1 TBSP castor oil
- Mix both of the ingredients
- Wash your face before applying this mixture and pat dry
- Use this mixture under the eyes using your finger tips
- Gently massage for a few minutes
- Leave it untouched for a few hours and finally wash off with fresh water
- Repeat this process regularly
Mustard, coconut oil and castor oil
Mustard oil shrinks the blood vessels and improves the blood circulation through them. Coconut oil, on the other hand, possesses potent moisturizing and antibacterial properties that assist in fighting against bacteria and keeping the skin nourished.
- In a bowl, take equal quantities of mustard oil, coconut oil, and mustard oil
- Mix them together
- Apply and massage with this mixture
- Leave it there for a whole night
- For better results, use this mixture every day
Jojoba oil and castor oil
Jojoba oil, when used in combination with other oils, increases the ability of skin cells to absorb topical substances.
- Mix equal quantities of jojoba oil and castor oil in a bowl
- Gently apply this mixture on the affected areas of the skin using your fingertips
- Leave the mixture on your skin for a whole night
- Rinse off the mixture with lukewarm water in the morning
Grapeseed oil and castor oil for dark circles
Grapeseed oil, being rich in fatty acids and phenolic compounds, nourishes the skin and keeps it hydrated.
- Take equal quantities of grapeseed oil and castor oil in a bowl
- Mix them thoroughly
- Lightly apply this oil mixture under your eyes
- Let it dry or leave it overnight
- Wash it off with water in the morning
- Repeat this procedure before sleeping every night
JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil)
Jamaican Black Castor Oil is different than regular castor oil as it is prepared by a different process and has different properties. Along with omega-3 fatty acids, JBCO is incredibly rich in omega-9 fatty acids, which assist in tightening the skin pores. Moreover, just like the regular castor oil, it deals with dark circles by improving the blood supply through the skin. Vitamin E, present in high quantities in JBCO, acts as an effective cleanser and possesses great anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties.
- Take a few drops of Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Gently apply and massage with it on the affected areas of the skin
- Continue the massage for a few minutes till it gets absorbed
- Let it stay on for the night
- In the morning, rinse it off with lukewarm water
- To get better results, repeat this process regularly
Safety Precautions and Tips for Getting Better Results Before Using Castor Oil for Dark Circles
- A patch test before using castor oil based remedies is necessary, as it helps you in knowing whether you are allergic to it or not.
- Never apply castor oil directly on broken skin, bruises, and wounds
- Consumption of castor oil is not a treatment for dark circles as it stimulates laxatives and affects the bowel movement. Moreover, it can lead to diarrhea or abdominal cramps.
- Immediately wash your eyes with a lot of fresh water, if castor oil gets in your eyes. The castor oil eyes side effects are redness and severe irritation. However, there is no long-term effect.
- Use your ring finger to gently apply castor oil to the dark circles, as ring finger puts the least amount of pressure than the rest of the fingers.
- Consult a doctor in case there is no reduction or difference in dark circles even after 15 days of regular remedy usage.
- Keep your lifestyle healthy, and it will do the same for you. Exercise regularly, take in a healthy and balanced diet, stay hydrated and sleep for at least 8 hours every night.
If you think we forgot to mention a better remedy than the ones mentioned above, or you have any have any confusion regarding the use of castor oil for dark circles, please do tell us. And don’t forget to share your experiences and suggestions with us.