TOP 8 DIY Home Remedies of Avocado for Dry Hairs – TOP 8 Ways
Hairs usually get dry either when your scalp does not provide the required quantity of moisture to the hair strands or when the hairs shafts are unable to keep hold of the moisture content. Both of these are the courtesy of the excessive usage of harsh chemicals based shampoos and conditioners, which is exactly why the experts recommend going for a natural solution like avocado for dry hairs.
The hair strands have a protective layer known by the name of the cuticle, which is responsible for holding the moisture and preventing it from escaping into the surroundings. These chemical shampoos damage this layer, thus ultimately leading to dry hairs.
What Makes Avocado useful for Treating Frizzy and Dry Hairs?
- Avocado contains natural oils and fatty acids that make a layer of protection surrounding the hair, thus preventing the deposition of dust and moisture loss.
- The high iron, vitamin B and B7 content in avocado assist in repairing the damaged and dry hairs.
- Avocado also contains vitamin A which ensures that the body is producing the sufficient amounts of sebum. Sebum, in the body, prevents the drying of hairs.
- Being an excellent source of potassium, magnesium and amino acids, it has significant antioxidant properties that prevent the hair strand from breaking and shield it from more damages. Furthermore, they ensure the optimal flow of blood through hair and scalp to keep both, the scalp and the hairs, healthy, nourished and hydrated.
8 DIY Home useful Remedies using Avocado for Dry Hairs
Most people usually apply avocado pulp directly to their hair and scalp. It is truly the simplest method but not the best one, as one can use avocado hair mask for hair growth with other ingredients to enhance its effectiveness.
Try avocado hair mask for dry hair
The pulp of the avocado fruit is an amazing natural conditioner and moisturizer for the dry hair. Avocado hair mask benefits the scalp and helps to nourish it, thus assists in gaining and locking the moisture in it and the hairs.
- Take a ripe avocado and cut it two equal parts
- Take out its pulp using a fork or knife
- Mash its pulp with the help of a masher or fork
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water before applying this mashed pulp
- Now, spread this paste all over the scalp and hairs
- Cover your head with a shower cap or a towel, so that the pulp doesn’t drip
- Keep it untouched for one hour
- Wash it off using cool water and a mild shampoo
- Repeat this process every alternate day
Use avocado oil for dry hairs
Avocado oil is truly the most efficient and simplest natural remedy to moisturize and nourish the damaged, brittle and dry hairs.
- Take a bowl and add a small quantity of avocado oil in it
- Apply it to your hair and scalp using your fingers
- Gently massage using this oil for about 3 to 5 minutes in a circular pattern
- Clip up your hair and tie them
- Keep them like this for a whole night
- In the morning, use fresh water and mild shampoo to wash it off
- For better results, use this oil every second day
Make your avocado shampoo for dry hairs
The best way to fight the dryness of your hairs is by using avocado based shampoo rather than harsh chemicals based shampoos available in the market. And the good thing about this shampoo is that you can make it yourself, in your own home. Please keep in mind that this shampoo won’t form a rich lather
- Take a fresh avocado
- Chop it into small pieces
- Blend these pieces till they get the shape of a fine paste
- Now, to this blended avocado, add ¼ cup of distilled warm water
- Also, add 4 TBSP of baking soda to this mixture
- Blend the mixture until it gets uniformity
- Damp your hair before the application of this paste
- Use the paste as a shampoo
- Massage your scalp for 1 to 2 minutes gently using your fingers
- Wash thoroughly with cool water
- Allow them to air dry rather than using a towel
- Use this shampoo two times every week
Try a combination of milk and avocado for dry hairs
The minerals and vitamins that are present abundantly in milk help in nourishing and moisturizing the hair follicles.
- Take one avocado
- Separate its pulp using a fork in a bowl
- Add 2 TBSP milk in it
- Dampen your hair and apply this mixture of avocado and milk
- Keep it on for 1 hour
- Wash using a mild shampoo and lukewarm water
- Repeat this process at least three times every week
Use avocado and coconut oil mixture
Coconut prevents the hair from breaking as it forms a durable layer of protection surrounding the hair, thus controlling the frizz and preventing the loss of moisture.
- Take the pulp of an avocado
- Continuously mash the pulp until there are no lumps left
- Add 2 TBSP of coconut oil to it
- Apply and massage with this mixture for a few minutes
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for about 30 minutes
- Wash off the mixture with fresh water
- Use this mixture twice in a week
Use coconut milk, almond oil, and avocado mask for hairs
Almond oil is rich in nutrients, particularly mono-saturated fatty acids, vitamins and poly-saturated fatty acids. These nutrients moisten the hair and give them a refreshing look.
- Take 3 TBSP almond oil, 2 TBSP of honey and one avocado in a blender
- Blend it until the mixture gets the shape of a smooth paste
- Gently massage your scalp and hair with this paste
- Cover your hair using a shower cap for 20 to 30 minutes
- Use a mild shampoo and lukewarm water to wash it off. You may also use a condition if you want.
- For better results, use this mixture two times every month
Lemon juice and avocado for dry hairs
Lemon juice contains high quantities of citric acid, which acts as a neutralizer and maintains the pH of the scalp. Moreover, it prevents the moisture loss from the shafts of hairs as it seals the cuticles.
- Mix 2 TBSP of lemon juice in the pulp of an avocado
- Moisten your hair
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and dry hairs
- Keep it on for half an hour
- Use lukewarm water and a mild shampoo to wash the mixture off
- Repeat this process at least two times every week
Olive oil and avocado hair mask
The incredible hydrating properties of olive oil make it an excellent conditioner for frizzy and dry hair and assist in retaining the moisture content of hairs.
- Take pulp of an avocado in a bowl
- Mash it using a fork or a masher until it gets smooth and free of lumps
- Add 1 TBSP olive oil in it
- Moisten your hair before using this mixture
- Evenly apply this mixture on scalp and hair and gently massage with your fingers
- Cover your head with a towel or a shower cap
- Leave it untouched for more than an hour
- Wash your hair using lukewarm water
Safety precautions and tips for getting Best Results of Avocado for Dry Hairs
- Don’t forget to perform a patch test to check if you are allergic to the ingredients used, in these remedies, or not.
- The bits of the avocado pulp ‘s hard to remove if they dry after their application. This is why proper mashing of the avocado is necessary.
- You can remove the avocado bits from hair by using a wide-toothed comb.
- The avocado hair mask for curly hair spread with greater ease on damp hair and moistened scalp.
- As warm water removes the moisture from hair, leaving it lifeless and dry. So, always use cool water to wash off the avocado masks rather than hot water.
- In case your hairs are dry, but the scalp is oily, then avoid applying avocado to the roots of the hairs.
- Avocado stains are tough to remove. So, it is better to wear a shower cap and an old t-shirt while using avocado based remedies.
- Use a soft towel for drying your hairs.
- Never use shampoos that contain sulfate and surfactants to wash your hair. They might produce more lather but take away the necessary moisture from them.
Please do share your suggestions, experiences, and thoughts regarding which remedy worked most efficiently for your dry hairs. If you think that we forgot to mention any other suitable treatment using avocado for dry hairs, then please do tell us.