10 Effective Home Remedies of Using Milk for Boils
Boils usually appear on the skin when a particular type of bacteria (staph bacteria to be precise), comes in contact and tries to infect sweat glands and hair follicles. In the initial stages of infection, the affected area of the skin turns red, and a lump appears, which grows in size, with the passage of time, along with the swelling and, maybe pain. In ordinary cases, one can get rid of the boils using natural remedies, i.e. using milk for boils or egg white for boils, but if you are experiencing further complexities, then consult a doctor immediately.
Most of the time boils occur on face, armpits, thighs, buttocks, and neck. But they can develop anywhere on the body. These are common in people who are suffering from diabetes, acne or have a weak immune system, don’t care much about their self-hygiene or come in direct contact with infected person. Apart from milk and eggs, there is also another remedy like using, bacon on a boil or even a fatback on a boil.
How does milk cure the skin boils?
- Beta-hydroxy acid, present in the lactic acid, is an effective skin cleanser and exfoliator. It assists in the removal of the dead skin layer, excessive oil, dirt and debris from the skin.
- Raw milk has a relieving and soothing effect on inflamed, itchy and painful boils.
- Milk is a rich source of vitamin A which stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
- Both, the milk cream and raw milk are effective in reducing and shrinking the pores in the skin, which develop because of boils.
- The high quantities of vitamin B12 and vitamin D, in milk, enable it to remove dark spots and boils scars.
Milk-based remedies to get rid of boils
There are many ways and solutions with which we can use milk to help cure the boils on the skin. It can be used directly, but its combination with other ingredients are mostly preferred because they provide a lot of other benefits.
Please remember that before using any remedy, wash your skin with water using a mild anti-bacterial soap. Never rub the boils, rather pat dry the skin with a soft towel.
Scroll Down for Video
Bread and milk poultice
A poultice is usually a wet, soft substance that can help in relieving the inflammation, soreness and many other problems when applied to the body. Bread and milk poultice helps in quick drying of the pus-filled boils, as it develops heads in them which eases the flow of pus out of them.
- Take some milk in a pot and heat it on medium flame
- Add a few small pieces of bread in a bowl
- Now, pour the hot milk on the bread pieces, carefully
- Mix it thoroughly until it gets the shape of a paste
- Apply the paste on the boils
- Use a bandage to secure it
- Let it stay on until it gets dry
- Wipe off the poultice with fresh water after removing the bandage
- Repeat the process two times every until the boils rupture
Turmeric and milk for boils
Turmeric assists in clearing up the infections caused by boils as it purifies the blood and detoxifies it. Thanks to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it inhibits the formation of boils by inhibiting the pro-inflammatory enzymes present in the body.
- To 1 TBSP turmeric powder, add some milk
- Thoroughly mix it until you get a fine paste
- Apply this mixture on the boils
- Let it stay on until it gets dry
- Wash the mixture off with cool water
- Use this mixture 2 to 3 times every day
Flour, salt, and milk for boils
Applying the mixture of flour, salt and milk assists in providing instant relief from the pain caused by boils.
- Take some milk in a saucepan and heat it
- Add 2 to 3 TBSP salt to it
- Also, add a pinch of flour
- Turn the flame off and mix it will
- Let the mixture cool down
- Apply it on the affected area of the skin
- Keep it there until it gets dry
- Use a soft damp towel to wipe the mixture off gently
- For better results, repeat this process two times every day
Turmeric, apple cider vinegar, and milk cream
Apple cider vinegar balances the pH of the skin to let the boils heal. It also acts as a disinfectant that fights against skin infection causing microbes. Furthermore, it relieves the person of the pain.
- Mix 1 TBSP of turmeric, 1 TBSP of apple cider vinegar and 1 TBSP of milk cream
- Let it dry after applying it on the boils
- Use fresh water to wash it off
- Use the mixture daily
Nutmeg and milk for boils
Nutmeg works incredibly in stimulating the blood circulation through the skin layers, thus inhibiting the growth of infection-causing bacteria. It also possesses excellent anti-inflammatory properties and relieves the patient of the pain resulting from the boils.
- Take a cup of hot milk and add half TBSP of ground nutmeg
- Mix it thoroughly
- Drink it
- Use this mixture regularly to get rid of boils
Black seeds and milk
Black seeds are extremely useful analgesics and anti-inflammatory agents. They reduce the painful symptoms and the pain associated with the boils. Moreover, they possess amazing antipyretic capabilities and can help in the reduction of fever caused by the infections.
- Take a cup of black seeds
- Grind them until they form a smooth paste
- Add half cup of milk to the black seeds paste
- Blend it continuously until this paste attains a uniform consistency
- Apply this paste to the affected areas of your skin
- Let it dry then thoroughly wash using lukewarm water
- Repeat this process regularly to get better results
Almond oil, turmeric, and milk for boils
Almond oil contains the components which provide it the ability to fight against viruses and bacteria which lead to boils on the skin. It also helps in healing the dark spots and scars on the skin.
- In a saucepan, take a half cup of water
- Boil it
- Add ¼ TBSP of turmeric powder in it
- Mix it continuously until a thick paste form appears
- Take 2 TBSP almond oil and 1 cup of milk in another pot
- Boil this mixture for some time
- Remove from the flame
- Combine both mixtures and add some honey, to the resulting mixture, to taste
- Drink this mixture regularly
Coconut oil, black pepper, turmeric and milk
Black peppers are effective in dealing with pain, bacteria, and inflammation related to the skin infections, especially boils.
- Take a cup of water in a pot and heat it
- Take some black peppers and grind them to their powder form
- Add a pinch of that powder and 1 TBSP turmeric to the water
- Also, add a half cup of milk and 2 TBSP of coconut in the mixture
- Stir well and remove from the flame
- Let it cool and drink it
- Repeat the procedure daily to get better results
Sesame oil, black pepper, turmeric and milk
Sesame oil eases the pain, especially when used with milk for boils, and prevents them from occurring in future.
- To 5 TBSP of milk, add 2 TBSP of sesame oil in a pot
- Put the mixture on flame for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Remove from flame
- Add one TBSP of turmeric powder and a pinch of pepper powder to the mixture
- Mix it well
- Let the mixture stay there and let it cool down
- Apply it directly on the boils
- When it gets dry, use a damp, soft cotton towel to wipe off the mixture from skin
- Repeat the process regularly
Bread, milk and Epsom salt
Epsom salt is an excellent drying agent and assists in drawing the puss, out of the boils. It also helps in reducing the pain and swelling.
- In a saucepan, take a half cup of milk
- Take some crumbled pieces of bread and add them to the milk
- Boil the mixture with continuous stirring till it forms a thick paste
- Add 1 TBSP Epsom salt to the paste
- Mix well and let it cool down
- Dip a piece of clean cotton cloth in the mixture and place it on the boils
- Use a bandage to secure the piece of cloth
- Let it stay on for the whole night
- Wash off the mixture in the morning using lukewarm water
- For better results, repeat this procedure every day
Safety precautions and tips to get best results using milk for boils
- To test that you are not prone any allergic reaction, do perform a dairy patch test before using any milk based remedy.
- Squeezing, popping or piercing the boils can help them to spread quickly to the other parts of your skin and can induce complications during the healing process.
- Always wash your hands before interacting with any boil infected areas of your skin.
- Ensure that you get rid of all the dressings and bandages after their use. Otherwise, they can affect other parts of the skin.
- Make sure that you include green vegetables, onion, garlic, citrus fruits, sweet potato and tofu to your diet. In fact, you can even try using an onion on boil overnight.
- Avoid eating too many sweets and junk food. Also, stay away from caffeinated drinks.
- Keep your body active and hydrated through water and exercise.
- If a boil stays on your skin for more than three weeks, a fever develops or if you feel pain in the chest, consult your doctor immediately.
- Direct contact with the infected skin can lead to the spread of infection.