Homemade Scrub for Oily Skin and Blackheads – 10 DIY Home Remedies
Of all the skin types, oily skin is truly the most difficult type to take care of, as it is prone to many skin related issues and allergies. So, looking for a product that doesn’t worsen the situation than it already seems like an impossible task. So, despite the presence of many chemical based products available in the market, most of the people opt for natural solutions, i.e. homemade scrub for oily skin and blackheads.
TOP 10 Effective DIY Home Remedies of Homemade Scrub for oily skin and blackheads
There are different methods with which you can create your scrub using the ingredients that are commonly available in kitchens. We have created a list of some of the most useful methods and are sure that you won’t have to look for another blackhead scrub that actually works. All you have to do before going on with any remedy is to wash your face with fresh water using a mild cleanser and pat dry it with a piece of cotton cloth.
Cucumber possesses mild astringent properties. It helps in unclogging the pores and shrinks them to decrease the rate at which dirt and oil clogs in the pores thus making the skin blackheads and oil-free. So, cucumber scrub is the best scrub for blackheads and whiteheads.
- Take a fresh cucumber
- Grate it with the help of a grater
- Apply on the affected area of the skin
- Massage in the circular pattern for about 3 to 5 minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water after keeping it there for a few minutes
- Repeat this process two times every week
Coconut oil Scrub
Coconut oil cleans the skin from dirt and extra oil by exfoliating the dead skin cells and absorbing the impurities accumulated on the surface of the skin. Moreover, it moisturizes the skin and brings the production of excess oil under control.
- In 1 TBSP coconut oil, add 1 TBSP coconut sugar
- Stir them well
- Apply this mixture to your skin in circular motion
- Wash it off using fresh water after scrubbing for about 3 to 4 minutes
- For better results, apply this mixture two times every week
Oatmeal possesses excellent anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties. It soothes the skin and cleans the extra oil accumulated on its surface. Moreover, it clears the blackheads by removing the dirt clogged in skin pores.
- Take 1 TBSP oatmeal, 1 TBSP honey and 1 TBSP yogurt
- Mix all of the ingredients
- Apply the mixture as a scrub on neck and face
- Let it there for a few minutes
- Rinse off with fresh, lukewarm water
Kiwi fruit scrub
Kiwi fruit is a rich source of vitamin C, antioxidants, and vitamin A. All of these components improve the texture of skin and make it blackheads and oil-free. You can also use this homemade scrub for whiteheads.
- Take one kiwi fruit
- Peel it and mash its pulp
- To this mashed kiwi, add 2 TBSP sugar and three drops of sunflower oil.
- Mix well and scrub for 2 to 3 minutes using this mixture
- Wash the scrub off after leaving it untouched for a few minutes
- Repeat this process once every week
Green tea scrub
Green tea contains enormous quantities of polyphenols which are incredibly powerful antioxidants and remove toxins from the skin surface. Moreover, as the lemon juice is acidic, it helps to treat blackheads and oils by removing the clogged dirt and keeping the natural oils of skin under control.
- Take two green tea bags and steep them in a cup of hot water
- Let the water cool down to room temperature
- Remove the bags from the resulting solution
- Take 2 TBSP liquid from the solution add few drops of lemon juice and 2 TBSP sugar in it. You can add more tea bags but be sure that the liquid remains consistent.
- Scrub using this liquid for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Wash with warm water, initially and then using cold water.
- To keep the liquid re-usable, store it in an air-tight container
- Repeat this procedure two times every week
Healing Scrub for oily skin and blackheads
The high antioxidant content in honey helps in the removal of toxins, dirt and excess oil. Honey also reduces the free radicals on the skin surface. As an incredible humectant, honey will keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. Thanks to its amazing capabilities, honey forms the basis of this effective homemade scrub for oily skin and blackheads.
- To 1 TBSP honey, add 2 TBSP ground almonds and half TBSP lemon juice
- Mix them thoroughly until the mixture attains a uniform consistency
- Scrub your face with this mixture for a few minutes
- Let this scrub stay on for a few more minutes
- Wash it off using cool water and a light cleanser
- Use this scrub two times every week
Lemon sugar scrub for oily skin and blackheads
The lemon juice contains enzymes which remove the clogged dirt in skin pores, tighten those pores and neutralize the pH of the skin. This process reduces the production of excess oil and makes it free from blackheads.
- Take 1 TBSP and to it, add 2 TBSP sugar and a few drops of olive oil or honey.
- Mix the ingredients till the mixture gets uniform
- Scrub for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water and use a gentle moisturizer
- For better results, use this scrub two times every week
Lime juice, sea salt, and egg
Egg white assists in tightening the skin pores and improving the elasticity of the skin. Lemon juice, on the other hand, removes blemishes, blackheads and excess oil and moisturizes the skin. Furthermore, sea salt exfoliates the dead skin cells and promotes the production of new and healthy cells.
- Separate the white of an egg in a bowl
- Add 2 TBSP sea salt and half TBSP lemon juice to it and mix
- Apply on the affected areas of the skin and gently scrub for 2 to 3 minutes
- Let it there for a few more minutes and wash using lukewarm water
- Repeat this process at least once every week
Lime juice, oats, and strawberry scrub for oily skin and blackheads
Strawberry refreshes the skin by removing the dead skin cells layer. Moreover, it lightens the skin without imposing any damage to it and removes blackheads and excessive oil.
- Take three ripe strawberries and mass them in a pot
- Also, take 2 TBSP oats and grind them
- Mix them with half TBSP lime juice
- Add some water to the mixture (enough to make a paste)
- Apply it on your face with greater concentration towards nose and forehead
- Wash it off using fresh water
- Repeat this procedure one time every week
Oatmeal and apple scrub oily skin and blackheads
Oatmeal and apple make a perfect combination for the scrub as both help in exfoliating the skin and removing blackheads from its surface. Moreover, this mixture cleanses the skin and tones it.
- In a blender, blend half apple with 1 TBSP oatmeal, 1 TBSP cornmeal, and 1 TBSP honey
- Use this mixture as a scrub
- Massage gently for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Wash it off using fresh, lukewarm water
- For better results, use this scrub every week
How Much Effective This Homemade Scrub for Oily Skin and Blackheads?
How effective your homemade scrub for oily skin and blackheads has proved for you? Which remedy worked best for you? Do share your experiences, suggestions, and queries with us.