TOP 9 Home Remedies of Turmeric for Arthritis Pain – Best 9 Tips
Experts recommend using turmeric for arthritis, as the commercial medications like NSAIDs do more bad they do good for you. According to research, more than 50 million adults are suffering from two prevalent types of arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Osteoarthritis. But it doesn’t matter which kind you are experiencing, all of these types include inflammation, stiffness, pain and decreased the range of motion in joints.
The use of natural remedies helps in the reduction of inflammation, pain and weight reduction. These solutions include Aloe Vera, turmeric, ginger and apple cider vinegar. But in this article, we are going to focus turmeric based remedies only.
Is turmeric for arthritis useful in dealing with arthritis?
- Curcumin, the anti-inflammatory agents present in turmeric, inhibits the action of LOX and COX while preventing the erosion of gas, which is pro-inflammatory enzymes.
- The curcuminoids and other useful components in turmeric enable it to work as an anti-arthritic ingredient.
- Thanks to the anti-oxidant effects, the turmeric prevents the oxidative stresses, restricts arthritis from getting severe, and reduces the pain.
- The immunomodulatory effects of turmeric regulate and enhance the immune response of the body.
- The anti-bacterial properties of turmeric prevent the action of Aspergillus and Candida, which are one of the primary reasons of infection in arthritis.
9 DIY Home Remedies using turmeric for arthritis
If you don’t know how to use turmeric for pain or the turmeric dosage inflammation, associated with arthritis, then you are at right place. There are several, proven methods of treating arthritis with the help of turmeric. All of these methods implement turmeric along with one or two other ingredients in one way or the other. You can select any of the remedies mentioned below, as per your convenience.
Pure Turmeric for Arthritis
- For the preparation of this turmeric arthritis recipe, add a scrambled egg with ¼ TBSP of turmeric sprinkled on it in the sauces, salads, and soups
- Increase the intake of turmeric to a half TBSP after a week
- As one month gets passed away, increase the quantity of turmeric to a whole TBSP
- Use this remedy to get rid of the joint inflammation and pain
- You can also add and mix a TBSP of turmeric in cup of warm milk
- Drink this milk at night before going to bed
Ginger and Turmeric for Arthritis
Ginger contains enormous quantities of Shoals and Gingerols, which are essential phytonutrients that can help in providing relief from the pain. If you want to know how to use turmeric for pain, then follow this remedy.
- Take a fresh turmeric and ginger root
- Chop and peel an inch of this root
- Take some water in a pot (about 2 cups will do)
- Add turmeric and ginger to it
- Let the mixture simmer down for about 10 minutes
- Now set the mixture aside to let it steep after removing from the flame and covering it with a lid
- Strain the liquid from the mixture
- You can also add a TBSP of honey for added taste and benefits
- Drink this liquid, while it is still warm
- Repeat this procedure one time every day
Note: Regarding the ginger and turmeric for arthritis: In case if you don’t have access to fresh ginger and turmeric for arthritis, then you can add a half TBSP fo turmeric and ginger powder in it.
Black Pepper and Turmeric for Arthritis
Black pepper contains piperine which helps in the absorption of curcumin by the body. The peperine increases the curcumin absorption in the body by 200%.
- In a jar, add and mix 1/3 cup of honey and 2 ½ TBSP of turmeric powder
- Mixing should be done thoroughly until you get a fine paste
- Place this pot aside for about two weeks
- Add a half TBSP of black pepper in a cup of hot water
- Also, add a small quantity of lemon juice and a half TBSP black pepper
- Consume this mixture after stirring it well
- For better results, use this remedy once every week
Coconut Oil and Turmeric for Arthritis
Just like peperine, coconut oil also increases the absorption of curcumin in the body, which helps in getting rid of the inflammation and joint pain and enhances the mobility.
- To a sufficient amount of coconut oil, add a TBSP of turmeric powder
- Mix both of the ingredients well to form a fine paste
- Gently apply this mixture on the affected areas of the joints and secure it using a bandage
- Keep this mix there for about 3 hours
- Wash off the application with fresh water
- Repeat this procedure, whenever you feel it necessary
Turmeric Paste for Arthritis
This remedy helps you in reducing the joint stiffness, inflammation, and pain caused by arthritis. You can also use turmeric for osteoarthritis.
- Take some water in a bowl (about half cup) and place it on flame
- To it, add ¼ cup of turmeric
- Let the mixture simmer for about 7 minutes with reduced heat and constant stirring
- The solution will take the shape of a fine paste
- Let the mixture cool down after removing it from the flame
- If the paste dries too much, then add a few water drops
- Put this paste in an airtight container
- Store this container in refrigerator
- Apply this paste on the affected areas of your body and keep it there for about 15 minutes
- Wash off the application with the help of fresh water
- Regularly use this remedy to get rid of inflammation and pain
Coconut oil, egg yolk, and Turmeric for Arthritis
- Take 2 TBSP of coconut oil and melt it
- Take two eggs and separate their yolks in a cup
- Beat the yolks until they get a smooth texture
- To this mixture of yolks, add and mix the melted coconut oil and a TBSP of turmeric powder
- In a blender, blend this mixture for about 30 seconds at high speed
- Drink this mixture twice a day
Water and Turmeric for Arthritis
- In a boiling quart of water, add and stir a TBSP of turmeric powder
- Reduce the flame and let the mixture simmer down for about 10 minutes
- Remove the mix from the fire and let it cool down a bit
- Drink this mixture while it is warm
- Repeat this procedure at least once every day
Fenugreek and Turmeric for Arthritis
According to research at International Immunopharmacology, the fenugreek possesses potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, it also contains flavonoids, trigonelline, iron, saponins, vitamins, and many other alkaloids.
- Take equal quantities of ginger powder, turmeric powder, and fenugreek powder
- In a glass of water, stir a TBSP of this mixture
- Drink this mixture at least twice in a day to get relief from pain and arthritis
Lemon Grass and Turmeric for Arthritis
The anti-inflammatory properties of lemongrass inhibit the activity of the cyclooxygenase-2, which is one of the enzymes responsible for joint pain and inflammation.
- Set the temperature rating of your oven to 150 degrees and pre-heat it
- Place 2 cups of coconut oil in it and melt it
- Pour this melted coconut oil in a glass oven dish
- To it, add an ounce of dried lemongrass along with 5 TBSP of turmeric powder and 5 TBSP of cayenne pepper
- Bake this mixture for about five hours
- Let the mixture cool down after removing it from the oven
- Use a cheesecloth to strain the liquid
- Pour this mixture into an airtight container and store it at the room temperature
- Whenever you feel the need of it, apply this mixture on the affected joints
Safety precautions and tips using turmeric for arthritis
- Curcumin, present in turmeric isn’t suitable for everyone, as it may cause the reaction and can lead to allergy. It is one of the primary turmeric for arthritis side effects.
- For the purpose, make sure that you aren’t allergic to turmeric in any form. In case, if you are, then you might experience a severe rash and digestive distress.
- Avoid using turmeric, if you are taking warfarin, as it increases the effects of anti-clotting.
- Turmeric also interacts with the sugar level of the body and reduces it. So, the people talking diabetes medications need to stay away from it.
- It is better to consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Keep a healthy lifestyle to strengthen your bones and muscles, and to add quality to your life.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight ratio by eating a balanced and nutrients rich diet. It should include vegetables, nuts, olive oil, fish and green vegetables.
- Try to use hot and cold packs to get rid of inflammation and pain.
- Maintain and enhance the mobility of your joints by performing slight exercises, but make sure not to overdo it.
Which of these, turmeric for arthritis, remedies mentioned above have you tried and which of these worked for you? Please do tell us. And don’t hesitate to share your queries, suggestion, and experiences with us.